Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 11:22 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,920,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I see old dudes dating young women I tend to feel somewhat enbarrassed for them. It reeks of immaturity. This is my opinion, ymmv
It depends on how old, though. I fully admit that I'm immature for being in my mid 30's. That probably is another thing that makes people think I'm younger.

My cousin is 51 and is with a 33 or 32 year old right now. He doesn't have a history of dating younger women. His ex-wife was only 5 years younger than him. I don't even remember him ever being with a woman that was even 10 years younger than him, up until he started seeing this one a few years ago.

They're creepy looking together, because they actually look like father and daughter. And it's not so much because of the age difference, as it is that they actually kind of look alike. They bring the whole ''Couples that look alike'' thing to a whole new level. As I've heard the theory before that people are attracted to those with similar facial features to their own. My fiance and I have been told by a few people that we kind of look alike, but I think it's mostly just the darker features. We both have dark hair, brown eyes, both olive complexion. My cousin and his girlfriend actually appear to have the same nose, the same eye shape, it's scary.

Old 09-06-2017, 11:28 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,099,186 times
Mr. CSD is almost 10 years older than me, an age gap issue is created not guaranteed.
Outside of that, if the age gap does not affect your life it is really none of your business and it is not your job to judge others.

Old 09-06-2017, 11:41 PM

818 posts, read 454,514 times
Personally l find all the older women chasing younger guys pretty off too.
But 10 yrs is nothing , my w was 11 yrs younger than me and we were perfect match. l was actually 5 x more fit than she was too tbh.

But with different people it's all subjective. For us we liked all the same stuff mostly and also music, movies, views , any differences were nothing to do with any age but more just the typical male female differences.
But say with someone else , 10yrs could be generations apart and in that case it could matter because you'd be different people.

Old 09-06-2017, 11:44 PM

52,006 posts, read 52,457,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
It depends on how old, though. I fully admit that I'm immature for being in my mid 30's. That probably is another thing that makes people think I'm younger.

My cousin is 51 and is with a 33 or 32 year old right now. He doesn't have a history of dating younger women. His ex-wife was only 5 years younger than him. I don't even remember him ever being with a woman that was even 10 years younger than him, up until he started seeing this one a few years ago.

They're creepy looking together, because they actually look like father and daughter. And it's not so much because of the age difference, as it is that they actually kind of look alike. They bring the whole ''Couples that look alike'' thing to a whole new level. As I've heard the theory before that people are attracted to those with similar facial features to their own. My fiance and I have been told by a few people that we kind of look alike, but I think it's mostly just the darker features. We both have dark hair, brown eyes, both olive complexion. My cousin and his girlfriend actually appear to have the same nose, the same eye shape, it's scary.
Overall I have a live and let live approach to life. I just find that men who want much younger women habitually to be emotionally stunted. My opinion only.

Old 09-07-2017, 01:24 AM

818 posts, read 454,514 times
Well that would mean that the whole cougar thing is emotionally stunted older women too.
But we all know it;s nothing to do with that.
Try bodies , sexuality, well , it's the same for men.
Men also like the fun and liveliness in younger women and maybe the cougars like that in the younger men as well.
who knows.

Old 09-07-2017, 04:26 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,474,535 times
For me, it really boils down to reason why.

An older person just happens to fall for someone younger, good for them! I think it's sweet.

An older person purposely pursues younger to use them for some reason such as they want to prey on nativity or want to use someone's body: it's creepy (with my personal pet peeve being all the older men who try to go after women my age as "wombs" because they put off having kids and now want to start families. That's my pet peeve because I wasted so much time on guys like that while online dating. They'd show up to dates and look older than their pictures and talk marriage right away).

But that's only when I think about it or am specifically asked what I think if I dwell on it a bit. The reality is I really don't care what others do unless it impacts me or someone I know. Older dating younger usually plays no role except older men hitting on me which is mostly creepy, but sometimes sweet. Depends on the guy and how I perceive his motivations.

Funny thing though (in an annoying way). My boyfriend is 8 to 9 years older than me, depending on where birthdays lie. People sometimes think he's my dad! It's so annoying. He's older, but, not that much older! I just don't see how he could look like my dad. And keep in mine we usually hold hands while walking or give impromptu kisses. And when my dad was alive and he and I would go out without mom, sometimes people mistook him for a boyfriend! Yuck! I don't get that either. Just because me and dad are having lunch together people would assume it was a date.

Old 09-07-2017, 05:14 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,449,069 times
There's a simple biological reason men date/marry younger women: fertility. If they want children then a younger woman is a better candidate. Past 35, women's fertility decreases rapidly, and risks increase rapidly. Much older men can still father children. That younger women may also look more attractive (a function of youth and fertility) is just a bonus.

Old 09-07-2017, 06:08 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,474,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
There's a simple biological reason men date/marry younger women: fertility. If they want children then a younger woman is a better candidate. Past 35, women's fertility decreases rapidly, and risks increase rapidly. Much older men can still father children. That younger women may also look more attractive (a function of youth and fertility) is just a bonus.
I agree with you that, on a subconscious/biological level, that's the primary reason men find younger women more attractive. And that's understandable. But I still contend that the men who think this way on a conscious level (looking for fertile women) are creepy. They don't see women as human beings, life partners, etc... they see them first as a womb. Take this from someone on the receiving end of that kind of attention.

In way I find it funny. In their 20s and even early 30s most men panic about the idea of getting a girlfriend pregnant (the women worry too of course) and everyone tries to avoid it. But something happens to some men them when they hit 40. Guys like this get "baby rabies," want to pass along their DNA, and they go hunting for a young woman to bear offspring.

I would think you could make the same biological argument about women being attracted to men with resources (because on a biological level a man who can provide will increase the chances of her offspring being successful). But women who purposefully "gold dig" on a conscious and see men first as "wallets" and not human beings and life partners are still reprehensible. It's basically the same feeling I get from men "fertility digging." Most people want a good, strong meaningful relationship with a partner in life, they don't want to be wanted for something fleeting whether it be money or fertility.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:46 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,616,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
A lot of feminist women absolutely hate young woman / older man couples. They feel threatened by it. But frankly, it's nobody else's business and as long as two people are of legal age, then they can do whatever they want.
It's posts like this that cause these threads to get shut down. You just had to sneak in a criticism of feminists. You couldn't have just said "a lot of women hate..."

As to the topic at hand, I don't judge if I see a younger woman with an older man. But I might wonder if he was open to the idea of dating a woman his own age. I see this a lot with men in my age group.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:48 AM

2,664 posts, read 2,079,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
A lot of feminist women absolutely hate young woman / older man couples. They feel threatened by it. But frankly, it's nobody else's business and as long as two people are of legal age, then they can do whatever they want.
Well a lot of feminist women absolutely hate men and think they don't deserve to have sex with women. Who cares what they think?

I think an age difference of more than ten years could be an issue in marriage, especially when children are concerned. But I don't see a problem in casual/semi casual dating...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships