Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 08:30 PM

47 posts, read 77,808 times

Advertisements

You do not have to read books to pick up men or women. Can't you understand them while talking ?Books could guide us. But I do not think they could teach us the steps to live. So use your brain. You d easily separate the false ..............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 10:18 PM

37,451 posts, read 45,651,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I'm just wondering if straight women read books on how to pick up women. Maybe they'd read it for entertainment, education, and/or to detect when such tactics are being used on them. I don't think straight guys read books on how to pick up men, but maybe that's just me.

Ummmm.....NO. What a nutty question.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:21 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,697,901 times
Oh of course, the bi curious ones

Old 01-05-2009, 10:32 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,816,274 times
Only if she is gayer than Rosie O'Donnell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Oh of course, the bi curious ones

Old 01-06-2009, 12:06 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,627,279 times
Nope. I do not even read on how to pick up men. I'm just a naturally gifted Goddess! Just kidding.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:30 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,134,322 times
Quote:
I'm just wondering if straight women read books on how to pick up women. Maybe they'd read it for entertainment, education, and/or to detect when such tactics are being used on them. I don't think straight guys read books on how to pick up men, but maybe that's just me.
lol......where do you come up with this stuff??? I know I haven't/won't even thought/think about reading a book on that lol.......I haven't/Won't even thought/Think about reading a book on how to pick up a guy.... my thinking is this........if you even think you might need a book on that.....your probably better off single lol

Capice??

Old 01-06-2009, 12:35 PM

378 posts, read 770,519 times
I certainly hope women don't read those books! What they should look into is that "He's not into you" book (disclaimer, I only heard about it on TV). Then, the guy's tactics wouldn't matter. She'll see right through him, and then he's either IN or OUT.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:15 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,928,634 times
Quote:
LOL at the replies. Now that I reread the question, it sounds funny from what I meant to say. The gist of the question is: do women know when a man is using a "tactic" against them? If they read these "pick up women" books, then they probably would. If they don't read them, then they might not know, unless their gut tells them that what their man is doing appears to be what a book tells him to. Also, some women may read such a book for the entertainment/laughter value (as Aprilll mentioned).
Yes - I've read "The Game" so I am hip to tactics. Not that I needed this silly book to clue me in or anything ... but at least now I know what a "wing" is.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:14 PM

38 posts, read 126,347 times
Quote:
I might find it interesting you know Atleast i found it quiet educational...to know what kind of tactics men uses.

However, most of the time I would just ask my guy's friends how they usually pick up girls. Real life experiences are much funner than stuff from a book.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:29 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,879,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Ummmm.....NO. What a nutty question.
The real nutty part is responding to a post that's almost 10 months old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships