Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 11:10 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,284,755 times

Advertisements

I do think after a few dates the other person should have the backbone to say nicely "this isn't working for me, but good luck with someone else".

I've had people drop off with me, not just men I dated but women I knew on a friendship basis. Just not return calls or emails. I've come to learn, they are not worth my time wondering about them. I'd rather just go on with my life and forget about them. I have other people I can see, talk to and things I want to do. Even an evening alone reading a novel is better than being with these spineless cowards. I'm not going to sit around and agonize over someone not calling me back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 07:03 AM

272 posts, read 183,961 times
No, apparently you've been shafted. No need for a cutesy, new sanitized word for it. She probably went back to her ex. You are well shed of her. Sorry for the harsh view, but you sound like you need the lesson.

Old 09-18-2017, 11:04 PM

3,422 posts, read 3,312,134 times
As others said here, ghosting is stupid and immature in itself. What I think hurts more is that the OP spent a significant amount of time with her, and having even slept together on several nights!
I've been in the OP's position and it does hurt! Who, and why, in their right mind would date someone for weeks, have sex with the person, spend time with them....only to disappear? No "Hey, it's been great" or "Sorry, it's not working out for me", or whatever breakup line.
OP, just remember: What goes around comes around! This....lowlife will no doubt find a guy that she's crazy about, hook up with him, and he will ghost on her!
And then she will get the idea of how it feels!

Old 09-19-2017, 09:59 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,529,446 times
I thought of something last night - back in college days, a guy might just stop calling - no explanation given - and that was a form of ghosting quite a long time ago. It happened regularly in college to many women.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:34 PM

777 posts, read 448,948 times
The last person to ghost me was 61 years old. It's not just a kid thing. Granted, we hadn't come close to sleeping together, but we had been out a few times, and he had not been shy about wanting to see me again... and then, zip.

Turns out he did me a favor, since I kept on dating and found someone to get me off POF, hopefully for a good long time.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:35 AM

4,858 posts, read 7,564,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
It is not need to know information for any purpose of a romantic relationship. Yes, one should have an idea of occupation but exact company and location is not need to know information, bottom line.
Knock it off. After two months how could "So, where do you work?" not get asked?

Old 09-22-2017, 12:44 AM

10,337 posts, read 5,815,401 times
Ha, it's not real life, that just doesn't happen after you've known someone for a while. Somebody says: "okay I have to go to work early tomorrow morning for a meeting. Better get going." Other person says: "oh yeah? where exactly is that?" Nope not falling' for it, "hand me my underwear, but I'm not getting shanked at work."

Old 09-22-2017, 02:22 AM

26,678 posts, read 41,512,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Knock it off. After two months how could "So, where do you work?" not get asked?
Most women would be satisfied with "I work as a call center supervisor" or "I work in banking tech." I've never really come across anyone super nosy who wanted my actual work address after I've told them my occupation. It is not need to know information for most.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:25 AM

26,678 posts, read 41,512,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Ha, it's not real life, that just doesn't happen after you've known someone for a while. Somebody says: "okay I have to go to work early tomorrow morning for a meeting. Better get going." Other person says: "oh yeah? where exactly is that?" Nope not falling' for it, "hand me my underwear, but I'm not getting shanked at work."
Very funny.

Unless a woman is a recruiter or processing me for hiring elsewhere, she has no need to know if my job is at exactly at x Company z st, in Virginia.

Old 09-22-2017, 06:09 AM

1,199 posts, read 726,056 times
Usually ghosting only happens after a number is given, maybe a first date. Seems you guys had an actual relationship so it's definitely weird and she sounds like the type of person that doesn't deal with conflict well. You're better off.

Normally in this scenario when you aren't exclusive, girls tend to slowly back away, begin to not accept invites to hang out and slowly but surely you get the picture that she's not into you. They usually use womenspeak to walk away from a non exclusive relationship and it almost never involves a direct let's not see each other conversation.

So yeah, this isn't normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships