Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 03:30 PM

9 posts, read 4,307 times

Advertisements

I don't necessarily think I'm boring. I just don't know what else could be. If he is interested 3 dates in but then nothing I suppose somebody more interesting or better looking or younger came around. Competition is high and there are many 20 something girls.

I feel like there was some sort of a secret in how to get a boyfriend via your personality and just just never figured it out. As if I stayed home when they where giving this advice away.
And books are confusing. They all tell you different advice. Approach, or never approach. And when you real reviews for this books of women and men who struggle and have been single forever ( some are well into their 50s) it just sad.

Feels to me like lose/lose situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
I'm 32 and wouldn't date a girl under 26, and even thats a strecth. If they were VERY mature...maybe.

OP- You had mentioned you get bored easily if just sex is involved, it could be most guys just want sex. Maybe you give off a boring vibe, or possibly assume you will fall happily in love for every guy you meet. Guys can usually pick up on when a girl wants a babby daddy. You said you went on 500 dates, it almost sounds like you are looking for just anyone to settle down with, guys usually spot that pretty quick.
I did go on on 500 dates but that is in last 20 years. I was married for 5 and did not date 3 years after divorce so all total of 12 years of on/off dating.

I think many guys did want sex. I sometimes only wanted that to. But without emotional connections it simply is not as good and after few hookups I'm done.

I would like t have a real relationship for once. Someone who genuinely likes me for me. My ex didn't really like me. He married me so he can have it easy. I was to in love to relive how dumb I was. I was main breadwinner for most of our marriage.

As for current dates, many are professionals but do know I have a career and I'm able to support myself comfortably. I'm not exactly sugar baby type and Never was.

Old 09-15-2017, 03:46 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
OP, please answer:*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4life View Post
Do you have friends or family members who could tell you straight up what it is about your personality and demeanor that repels guys?

Has anyone ever told you anything, good or bad, like, "you're so ________"?
Also, do you know what "self-awareness" is?

Old 09-15-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
OP, please answer:*

Also, do you know what "self-awareness" is?
My friends never said much. Just that marriage sucks and I should be happy to be independent and do what I want. They said they wish they could get a divorce or find some someone else for sex.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantfigureout View Post
My friends never said much. Just that marriage sucks and I should be happy to be independent and do what I want. They said they wish they could get a divorce or find some someone else for sex.
What I'm asking you is if anyone, in all your life, ever told you anything about the way you act or how your personality comes across.

Did you ever get in trouble at school? Like misbehaving? What kind?
What did your parents used to get on to you about, when you frustrated them like all kids do?

What kind of evaluations do you get at work?

That kind of thing.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:04 PM

I do know what self awareness is and it not developed when it comes to relationships. I tend to project things, my friends say.
For exemple one cute guy flirted and was interested but I turned him down because I projected it won't work out and it's not worth trouble. Our interaction was awkward and uncomfortable so I decided not to flirt back. I still regret this.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:06 PM

Quote:
I do know what self awareness is and it not developed when it comes to relationships. I tend to project things, my friends say.
For exemple one cute guy flirted and was interested but I turned him down because I projected it won't work out and it's not worth trouble. Our interaction was awkward and uncomfortable so I decided not to flirt back. I still regret this.
Do they mean actual psychological projection?? Or do they mean that you just give off certain vibes?

Are you originally from the US?

Old 09-15-2017, 04:08 PM

I'm get great grades at work. Lots of extra perks. I was very good student. Best in class til middle school. A student til college. Always praised for efforts. Moved by myself across the pond as a 19 year old.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:09 PM

Quote:
I'm get great grades at work. Lots of extra perks. I was very good student. Best in class til middle school. A student til college. Always praised for efforts. Moved by myself across the pond as a 19 year old.
Where did you move from?

Old 09-15-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Do they mean actual psychological projection?? Or do they mean that you just give off certain vibes?

Are you originally from the US?
More of an actual projection. As in thinking I know what they think. And apparently I'm usually way off. I'm from Eastern Europe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships