Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 09:28 AM

24,558 posts, read 18,244,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There are no utility hookups in the parking lot, though. Not quite "all the comforts of home".
I've spent my life with cruising sailboats. What's the difference? A marine head with a holding tank is just a fancy port-a-potty. With a cheap generator, you can run a $100.00 A/C and keep your space cool in a heat wave. They only pull 4 amps so you don't need much of a generator. You can take a shower at the office instead of motoring your dinghy to the marina and taking a shower there.

Over the years, I know people who have floated houseboats in the harbor in the summer. They never had problem getting girlfriends and most of the houseboats were couples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 09:31 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,226,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasgoldrush View Post
There are actually women on this planet who only look at the man himself, who he is in his soul.

Old 09-19-2017, 01:37 PM

102,200 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I've spent my life with cruising sailboats. What's the difference? A marine head with a holding tank is just a fancy port-a-potty. With a cheap generator, you can run a $100.00 A/C and keep your space cool in a heat wave. They only pull 4 amps so you don't need much of a generator. You can take a shower at the office instead of motoring your dinghy to the marina and taking a shower there.

Over the years, I know people who have floated houseboats in the harbor in the summer. They never had problem getting girlfriends and most of the houseboats were couples.
Sure, been there, done that. But the guy's truck doesn't have any of that. Maybe he should've bought a small RV. But that probably would have cost him more.

Old 09-19-2017, 03:59 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,670,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Sure, been there, done that. But the guy's truck doesn't have any of that. Maybe he should've bought a small RV. But that probably would have cost him more.
Google has everything he needs. Shower, laundry, sleeping area (although I think you do have to reserve a spot). Technically you wouldn't need an RV. The car is really just to store his wardrobe and personal stuff since he is probably in an open office space.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:36 PM

102,200 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Google has everything he needs. Shower, laundry, sleeping area (although I think you do have to reserve a spot). Technically you wouldn't need an RV. The car is really just to store his wardrobe and personal stuff since he is probably in an open office space.
That's fine as long as you don't need to use a bathroom between the time they close, and the time they open the next morning, or if you don't need A/C, like during the 100+ temps the area had recently. Those are the kinds of things we were talking about, just a bit ago.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:50 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,905,967 times
I couldn't date a woman that did this

Old 09-19-2017, 10:04 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,150,696 times
in a fantasy world, where every thing is black and white, where one will not find prejudice to this, it would be ideal. but, come on man! that is too low budget, and very scary. "hey come over to my truck, to spend the night", would be a creepy invitation which would leave one running for the hills.

I would also say the image of Chris Farley "living in a van down by the river" dances in my head.

what happens when a guest needs to powder her nose? or you have to take a midnight "duece"? walk over the the office building?

Old 09-19-2017, 10:57 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Yeah, I'm not going to go back to anyone's van or other type kidnap mobile.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-20-2017, 12:14 AM

482 posts, read 398,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
in a fantasy world, where every thing is black and white, where one will not find prejudice to this, it would be ideal. but, come on man! that is too low budget, and very scary. "hey come over to my truck, to spend the night", would be a creepy invitation which would leave one running for the hills.

I would also say the image of Chris Farley "living in a van down by the river" dances in my head.

what happens when a guest needs to powder her nose? or you have to take a midnight "duece"? walk over the the office building?
This is pretty funny, and I understand where you're coming from. But I imagine there would be very few invitations to spend evenings in the truck itself. The invite could be more like, "Hey, do you want to spend the weekend at (fill in the blank exotic place) because of all this extra money I'm saving by crashing in my truck during the week?"

I imagine there'd be little to no need for visitors to powder their nose if they're only using the truck for brief visits, or for trips to the mountains or the beach or the airport. Just a thought ...

Old 09-20-2017, 05:29 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,095,200 times
He has disposable income. I am sure he can afford to treat the special lady to a five star hotel or something romantic for dates.

A lifestyle that fits the work hard play hard mantra.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships