Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2017, 08:34 PM

5 posts, read 3,732 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend and I have been dating for 1.5 years. We met at work. I was her manager. About a month after dating, she no longer reported to me and we began to progress our relationship. We are a same sex couple and our relationship is not public. When we first started talking she kept to herself. She had a couple friends that she associated with, but that was it. December of last year, a coworker of hers told another girl that my girlfriend said hey wassup, when she did not. Her friend gave her this girls phone number in which she did not use. Because she didn't use the phone number, her friend gave this girl her number, and this girl began to text. Both of these individuals work at our job.

Not only did this girl begin to text my girlfriend, she also added her on all the social media platform and started liking all her stuff. I told my girlfriend that its not cool, and she needs to put a stop to it. She blocked her on social media and blocked her in her phone. She did this in front of me, because she wanted me to see. Fast forward a few weeks, I return from out of town visiting my family, and my girlfriend is not talking to me. At the time I didnt know why. A few days of being ignored she finally communicates with me, and says that she didn't feel like we were being serious and that we had a future, and that she needed time alone to think. I find out that during this time, she has been communicating with the girl via text. Needless to say, I was furious but I forgave her, and tried to move on.

For several months this girl would come to my girlfriends desk and linger, and hold conversation in front of me. I told my girlfriend on several occasions that is disrespectful and we constantly argued about the situation. My girlfriend always said that she can't control her actions, and that they don't be talking about anything. My issue was that this girl came on strong, but my girlfriend didn't seem to see it that way. One day I confronted them both and made a scene, so my girlfriend was forced to tell her that its more than a friendship with her and I and that her coming to her desk is disrespectful.

This girl also would do little things to get my girlfriends attention. Run to walk out at the end of the shift at the same time of my girlfriend, park her car near her, just small things that I feel were inappropriate. Finally my girlfriend, stopped talking to her. She would tell me when she received a text from her, and screenshot the message. This girl was pressed, she tried everything to get my girlfriend to respond. She would continuously text, and my girlfriend would not respond back until recently because the girl wasn't getting the message and would continue to text.

Fast forward to the last few weeks. The friend who gave my girlfriends number to the girl, has become very close friends with my girlfriend. This friend also likes women. My girlfriend was going to the gym with this girl and they text back and forth throughout the day. I wasn't tripping at first, but my girlfriend started telling me things that this girl would say. This girl writes my girlfriend notes saying how much she misses her, and that she loves her. My girlfriend at first thought it was just her being herself, because she is that type of person, but she started to make my girlfriend uncomfortable. My girlfriend removed the notes from her desk, and said that she didn't want to give the wrong impression. When I go to my girlfriends desk, this friend gets upset and will not talk to my girlfriend. That was the first red flag to me. But i continued to go with the flow my girl herself had not done anything wrong.

My girlfriend gets upset that her friend has started treating her like this, and they unfollow each other of social media. My girlfriend said that either you can be my friend all the time or you don't have to be my friend anytime.

The last week this girl has been texting my girl my often, especially since her and her girlfriend are having problems. Again my girlfriend and I are not open with our relationship, and she told this girl that she has a date this past weekend to get her to fall back. My girlfriend has already told her that she is in a relationship, but she feels because she doesnt have any pictures of us on social media or that no one knows it, her "friends" do no believe.

So my girlfriend has made up an entire person that she is starting to date to get her "friend" to fall back. At first i didn't understand it. My girlfriend said that this gives her an opportunity to tell them about me the only way she knows how.

We had a huge fight this Saturday night because she told me that her friend was texting her trying to get intricate details of the date. I told her that it aint any of her business and that she is not obligated to tell anyone anything that goes on in her personal life. I just don't understand why it had to get to the point? Am i being unreasonable? Am i over-reacting? Is it okay for her to continue a relationship with people who are attractive to her, when I have expressed for months that I am not okay with it?

In my girlfriends defense, she has kept me in the open about everything. And i don't believe she had engaged them in way other than a friendly manner, however the fact that she knows they like her as more than a friend, I feel is disrespectful to me. Am I wrong?

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships