Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2017, 02:20 PM

5,289 posts, read 5,205,898 times

Advertisements

If he needs $1000 to pay his bills, how do you think he will pay his bills next month AND pay you back?

Tell him to go to a credit union, or a pay day loan place. If he even has a job.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2017, 05:57 AM

51 posts, read 79,959 times
I'm in this situation right now, but with my ex. I'm not sure about our relationship status. I don't even know if he's my ex or current boyfriend. It's a long distance relationship and we haven't seen each other in years.

Anyway, my ex gave me thousands of dollars when we were together and I greatly appreciate that. He gave me everything he could, from love to expensive gifts and money when I asked. In fact, after all these years I still use many of the gifts he bought me on a daily basis such as my laptop, Netflix account, and other items.
But lately he's been having a hard time getting a good job. I totally understand and I try to be supportive as possible because I've also had a hard time maintaining jobs and passing interviews. His bank account was in the negative since he's $10k+ in debt and not receiving a proper income. To help him out, I deposited $600 into his account to get him out of the negative and give him a little extra to get back on his feet. I'm happy he was there for me when I needed him and I had absolutely no problems returning the favor.

But a few days ago, he asked me for MORE money. I'm like, "WTF?! I already gave you money not too long ago!" So I get triggered and start accusing him of trying to take advantage of me. Yes, the thousands he gave me still surpasses the hundreds I gave him, but I cant pay off ALL his debt. Like wtf, he wants me to give him my entire savings to pay off his debt? I can't do that; in order for us to completely combine our finances, we would have to live together, be married, and have a family together or else he's just trying to take advantage of me. He tries to reassure me that that's not the case and he's still applying for jobs and going to interviews, and I apologize PROFUSELY for lashing out. But a no is a no. I can't do it. I told him he doesn't have to pay me back but I'm not giving him anymore money. I'm broke myself, I can't be giving him all my entire savings. I need it for emergencies and to sustain myself and my family. I still feel horribly guilty, I wish I was rich so all these problems would disappear, but I'm sorry I'm not.

I still love him honestly and no guy can compare to him. He was my first everything, the one and only guy I've ever kissed or been on dates with, we lost our virginities to each other and honestly I don't think I can date anyone other than him. He cheated on me with a prostitutes many months ago, but I was okay with it because we've been separated for so long (long distance relationships SUCK!) and I was talking to other guys online so it was whatever. I didn't meet up or have sex with anyone else except him though. I honestly hope one day we can get back together, eventually get married and have kids, but it might just all be a pipe dream.

Last edited by Br0kengirl; 10-01-2017 at 06:29 AM..

Old 10-01-2017, 06:12 AM

639 posts, read 374,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddmona View Post
I have been dating a guy for 5 months. Now he's asking me can I loan him a $1000 to pay his bills, I don't want to do it! What should I do

Why would you?

Old 10-03-2017, 09:31 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,858,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddmona View Post
I have been dating a guy for 5 months. Now he's asking me can I loan him a $1000 to pay his bills, I don't want to do it! What should I do
So he couldn't manage his money, but he'll somehow do better with yours?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships