Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 07:19 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,286,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden87 View Post
Agree.

The thing is the sexy 20 year old is nearly always doing or has any of the following...

Playing with her phone, or talking on her phone

Has headphones on, listening to music

Already has a bf

So if u get an opening with one, and she gives u a sign she is interested in u.....u cant hesitate.
Opportunities like that dont come around often.

You gotta take it. I did, and we were together for 2 and a half years.
Agreed. I did this and took the situation real quick and we will hang out today after her class ends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2017, 07:35 AM

24,544 posts, read 18,124,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post

People toss this mess out without any thought! I've never met and dated a 30-something who has the same goals as I do. Mine = family. Theirs typically = be a wage slave and travel the world. Very compatible, indeed.

There's a reason 38-year old lawyers are left scrambling on OD sites. Guys they want to date aren't trying to compete with a potential spouse to see who can top 75 hours during the work week. Guys missing a swell wife and kids aren't looking for a competition at home, too.
I can't think of any 30-something women who work 75 hour weeks. 45? 50 in a tech startup? Sure.

That "wage slave" probably has a decade+ of maxed out 401(k), owns a home with a ton of equity, has an emergency fund, and tons of disposable income to buy stuff you're jealous of and travel. If you're not on that kind of life track, why would they be interested in you?

There's a reason why reproductive rates among college educated women are so low. Apparently, this is their dating pool.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:48 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,423,680 times
I was a single woman, no kids at 35, which is when I met my husband, a single man with no kids who was 40.

We got married when I was 37, and have a two-year old and a four month old.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:18 AM

102,134 posts, read 107,402,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I was a single woman, no kids at 35, which is when I met my husband, a single man with no kids who was 40.

We got married when I was 37, and have a two-year old and a four month old.
As we all know, there are scads of single, child-free women in society. It turns out, the OP isn't asking a general question. He's asking about Rochester, NY, where women tend to marry young, except for the college crowds, of which there are several in and around Rochester. There are at least two universities that offer programs all the way through the PhD level, in fact.

The OP hasn't shown interest in taking any of the advice offered him here, so I can only conclude that this is a whiner thread, not a sincere request for info or help.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:53 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,787,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Port Pitt Ash View Post
So? They go other places besides to class and back to the dorms. Maybe not as much as other folks, but it sounds to me like you're not out and about at the right times/enough.

So what? Most good women are going to be taken. What's your point? You plan on growing old waiting for a window where they're single?

BS. Like I said 27 is a sweet spot. Women like older guys. At your age you should have no problem dating an 18 year old if you want. 30 is sort of a mental cutoff here, but again easy enough to work around. Realistically you shouldn't have trouble getting women in her 20's until somewhere around 45-50. Even at 60, if you take care of yourself, you shouldn't have too much trouble dating a woman in her 30's if you so choose.

This age thing is all in your head.

I can't really speak to Rochester, but if it's anything like Buffalo you should have plenty of options.
I agree, 27 is the perfect age for a guy..even the early 30's can be excellent. This is clearly a case of doing something wrong since they are in a semi normal metro. I would love to go back and be able to date at 27 again, I had a gf at the time but she was not right for me and I squandered some years, ah hindsight.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:38 PM

696 posts, read 901,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I met a 19 year old a few days ago, who is a nursing major at school. Much to my surprise, she is single. Since most women in college aren't single, whenever a situation like that arises you have to take it quick. I don't care what others say as long as she's 18 or older, she is an adult and if we like each other what's the problem?
Where did you meet her?

Old 09-27-2017, 01:40 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,842,621 times
I meet single, never married, no kids, college educated professional women (in shape at that) in their mid 30s to mid 40s every single darn week even after moving to a third/fourth tier city. They're not hard to find.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:40 PM

696 posts, read 901,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Port Pitt Ash View Post
So? They go other places besides to class and back to the dorms. Maybe not as much as other folks, but it sounds to me like you're not out and about at the right times/enough.
Where do you think is a good place to meet 18-20 yr old women besides college?

Old 09-27-2017, 01:44 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,850,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I agree, 27 is the perfect age for a guy..even the early 30's can be excellent. This is clearly a case of doing something wrong since they are in a semi normal metro. I would love to go back and be able to date at 27 again, I had a gf at the time but she was not right for me and I squandered some years, ah hindsight.
I agree: it's a great age. Not too old to date feisty, attractive college women, and not too young to date mellow, mature older women.

On a personal note, age 28 was when I finally squashed the last remainder of my shyness, that I struggled with my entire young life. Joining Meetup, and its welcoming atmosphere, has been extremely helpful with achieving that. Which, in the end, worked wonderfully in my favor when I took a cruise by myself two years later. I reap the benefits to this day.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:52 PM

651 posts, read 406,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I meet single, never married, no kids, college educated professional women (in shape at that) in their mid 30s to mid 40s every single darn week even after moving to a third/fourth tier city. They're not hard to find.
You should get into business of introducing them to the troubled population of CD forums. For a small fee of course
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships