Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 10:53 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times

Advertisements

Some women, even attractive ones, need constant reassurance from the opposite sex. Ignore them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 12:34 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
I remember when I ran into a friend of my gf in the past that flirted with me. I didn't think of anything but just her personality but now I think about it. Perhaps I should've taken the bait because her friend was probably more of my type than my gf at the time.

After you become more experienced and age you realize that when we're younger we don't really date people that are much better suited for each other and that people who are more compatible usually meet in the most unthinkable ways.

So take it in the chin for now, if your bf is truly in love with you then this is nothing and he won't fall for it. If you really weren't his type then let this be a signal that eventually he'll cheat or break up with you.

Last edited by vision33r; 09-24-2017 at 12:47 AM..

Old 09-25-2017, 08:17 AM

888 posts, read 555,643 times
I would do nothing. Who cares. She is just being silly. If he is with you he is with you, some flirting won't change that.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:28 AM

914 posts, read 766,030 times
There's really nothing for you to do, it's on your man to withdraw from her when she flirts. Or, if he's a "no f's given" type of guy, he could tell her to keep steppin' because you two are obviously together.

Question: Is your guy making it absolutely clear that he is with you? If not, she may not really know.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:26 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,845,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenorSax83 View Post
Question: Is your guy making it absolutely clear that he is with you? If not, she may not really know.
He doesn't make it clear when it happens, no. He's kind of passive and non-confrontational. But I know that she's well aware because she's referred to us as a "couple" and it's common knowledge among the people we hang out with and who know us. And the way she comes at him is over the top. She's excessively smiley and attentive while barely acknowledging me. It's very obvious and very disrespectful.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:18 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,256,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
He doesn't make it clear when it happens, no. He's kind of passive and non-confrontational. But I know that she's well aware because she's referred to us as a "couple" and it's common knowledge among the people we hang out with and who know us. And the way she comes at him is over the top. She's excessively smiley and attentive while barely acknowledging me. It's very obvious and very disrespectful.
She deliberately crosses that line because he does nothing to stop her from doing so. We're all responsible for the choices we make, and when he chooses to do nothing in this scenario, he's "telling" her it's fine to disrespect you. Not cool at all.

He could be charming or pleasant and still put an end to her excessive flirting. Nobody has to lose face here. If it bothers you that she does this intentionally, he should care enough about your feelings, to make it known that her actions aren't welcome. A few direct words spoken discreetly and it ends. But it's up to him to have that conversation with her.....

Old 09-25-2017, 10:21 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen963 View Post
But it's up to him to have that conversation with her.....
Exactly.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:30 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
He doesn't make it clear when it happens, no.
Have you even discussed this with him? Does he know that you are feeling threatened by her behavior?

What does he think about her behavior? I find it odd that he does not make it clear that you're a couple when she's in the midst of engaging in over the top flirting with him.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:33 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,152,805 times
It IS your Friend, put her in her place, now!
Your BF might not confront it because it IS your friend.
And a friend should not be playing these games with your love interest, nor should a friend be making you uncomfortable. Make her uncomfortable.
Forget about appearing jealous, so what? She again is putting you in this situation. Just stop socializing with her. Matter of fact, do not bring these type of people around your dates.

Respect is important, and if you do not want to respect me, I do not need you around me.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:12 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Avoid her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships