Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 10:08 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
So, then is it ok for a guy to state a weight preference or ask a woman's weight?? If not, why not??
Guys have been doing that since before the internet. Not the precise weight, which would be pointless, because different women could be fat or slim at a given weight, depending on their height and bone structure), but they state "thin", "athletic" (I've always wondered what that meant), HWP (height/weight-proportionate), "curvy", etc.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:22 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
At least the myth is shattered that men are much more shallow then women.. what bs

Old 09-28-2017, 10:27 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
At least the myth is shattered that men are much more shallow then women.. what bs
I think all we know is that some people are more shallow than others and gender has precious little to do with whether or not an individual is shallow.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:36 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I think all we know is that some people are more shallow than others and gender has precious little to do with whether or not an individual is shallow.
Indeed - neither gender has the corner on the market of shallowness. Takes all kinds to populate this god's green earth.

Old 09-28-2017, 11:02 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,359,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Read View Post
But often I'll see something like "must be over 6 feet tall."

How do people justify this? If a guy put "must have at least a D cup" or some other physical attribute standard, people would be screaming how sexist it was. This is no different.
Uh, no. The parallel would be if a man only wanted to date women shorter than him and there's nothing wrong about that. Most men want a partner that's shorter and most women want one that's taller. I know it makes it harder for the shorter guys and taller women, but nobody's being sexist or shallow for having those preferences. It just comes down to biology and attraction.

Old 09-28-2017, 11:09 PM

276 posts, read 178,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
Uh, no. The parallel would be if a man only wanted to date women shorter than him and there's nothing wrong about that. Most men want a partner that's shorter and most women want one that's taller. I know it makes it harder for the shorter guys and taller women, but nobody's being sexist or shallow for having those preferences. It just comes down to biology and attraction.
Or no fat girls. Women under 130 only. No kids. Those are all things men fine unattractive that were ultimately decisions. A mans height is not a decision. However a man who says what he wants openly is called nasty names where as a woman who says "men leas than 6' tall, don't even bother" its supposed to be acceptable.

Old 09-28-2017, 11:25 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Where are men being called nasty names?

Old 09-28-2017, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
We go out and drink it's how we unwind on weekends..

I just have to get over the fact he's desirable and Im not..it is what it is

Should I avoid places with women altogether since they're not attracted to me?
It may come as a surprise to you but there is no one definition of who is good looking for women. We don't all think that Brad Pitt is good looking.

Do all men like the exact same women? No, of course not. You've all got different tastes.

There are women out there that will like you if you started thinking of them as individuals instead of a code to break. Of course, if you're one of those guys that insists on only the best, then no wonder you're not getting anywhere.

Old 09-28-2017, 11:57 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
It may come as a surprise to you but there is no one definition of who is good looking for women. We don't all think that Brad Pitt is good looking.

Do all men like the exact same women? No, of course not. You've all got different tastes.

There are women out there that will like you if you started thinking of them as individuals instead of a code to break. Of course, if you're one of those guys that insists on only the best, then no wonder you're not getting anywhere.
To be fair, it doesn't seem like he sees women as just a code to break. He's close to his late 30's I think, and probably figures at least one woman would have been into him by now.

I can kind of understand where he's coming from as well. It seems like in real life, women are simply invisible to me in a romantic sense. With online dating, I've had decent success.

Old 09-28-2017, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_wuz_here View Post
Or no fat girls. Women under 130 only. No kids. Those are all things men fine unattractive that were ultimately decisions. A mans height is not a decision. However a man who says what he wants openly is called nasty names where as a woman who says "men leas than 6' tall, don't even bother" its supposed to be acceptable.
You go ahead and date women under 130 pounds only with no kids. It won't bother me. If that's what you find attractive, then go for it. For me, a guy has to be taller or I'm not attracted. I'm not being sexist or heightist. I tried dating shorter men a few times and it wasn't right for me. Some other women feel differently, though.

You're trying to make it into a case of fair versus unfair, but that's not how attraction works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships