Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 04:47 PM

48,529 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

My husband scored big time!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2017, 05:11 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
I didn't end the date when the guy was way heavier than his picture, or the guy who was way older, or the guy... etc etc. Know what I mean? Give the person a chance, you're already out! Don't people feel rude meeting someone, deciding they're going to have an awful time and then trying to leave?

I don't get it. I guess you get back what you put out.

Old 09-30-2017, 05:12 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
My husband scored big time!

Old 09-30-2017, 05:13 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Never got any responses back..had an obese women like my profile that was the only attention I got in a few months on there..I imagine it works great if you're good looking.

Old 09-30-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
I finally had a date today, but she turned out to be 60~lbs or so heavier than in her photo, so had to end it and go home again...

I guess the failure started out as some sort of success...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I didn't end the date when the guy was way heavier than his picture, or the guy who was way older, or the guy... etc etc. Know what I mean? Give the person a chance, you're already out! Don't people feel rude meeting someone, deciding they're going to have an awful time and then trying to leave?

It is very rude to end it right there! On the other hand, it is very dishonest to misstate the facts. I dated a woman who winked me, on the basis of her photo. I had trouble finding her in the restaurant because she didn't look anything like her photo. It was an old photo she used! I went through with the meeting, moving on to the movies that I had already booked and even went to her home a few days later but I wouldn't let a relationship develop. That old photo dishonesty put me off her - I never really gave her a chance.

She actually commented on it with a laugh, saying it was an old photo but she didn't care. I thought "If you don't care then I don't care either".

Old 09-30-2017, 05:40 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post

I was reading on of those Buzzfeed type listcicles about servers witnessing good and bad dates, and one really hit me. The guy showed up for his date and the woman was older or heavier or otherwise not as advertised, but the guy was charming and attentive the whole time. After the date, he told his waiter that the woman had to be in a bad place to lie about something like that, and there would be no more dates with him, but she still deserved to have a nice night out. I thought, "aw, what a mensch."

Old 09-30-2017, 05:42 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
It is very rude to end it right there! On the other hand, it is very dishonest to misstate the facts. I dated a woman who winked me, on the basis of her photo. I had trouble finding her in the restaurant because she didn't look anything like her photo. It was an old photo she used! I went through with the meeting, moving on to the movies that I had already booked and even went to her home a few days later but I wouldn't let a relationship develop. That old photo dishonesty put me off her - I never really gave her a chance.

She actually commented on it with a laugh, saying it was an old photo but she didn't care. I thought "If you don't care then I don't care either".
I didn't just shove my unattraction in her face, we had a polite coffee and pastry (and yes I payed for hers, I do have some manners...) and conversation for 20~ish minutes, and then told her that I think she's really nice and everything but I just don't feel the like we got that special "something" going between us, and that I felt we were more like friends than anything else. She agreed, I gave her a hug and walked away.

Being a guy who's experience with women has been >99% rejections, I can sympathize with how much rejection sucks, I don't see a point in not being gentle to someone who actually came and met me.

Last edited by SwedishViking; 09-30-2017 at 05:51 PM..

Old 09-30-2017, 05:52 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,773 times
In my single days, I usually had at least a couple of dates every 7-10 days.

Most important thing is to keep your "standards" the same. People seem to get pickier online and message women/men they'd never approach IRL. For men, cast a wide net. There's no disadvantage in talking to as many women as you can. You're going to fail far more than succeed so you need all the practice you can get. Women will have to sort through a lot of garbage to find the treasure. If you aren't even getting approached by crappy guys as a woman, there's something in your profile that's raising red flags.

Old 09-30-2017, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
I didn't just shove my unattraction in her face, we had a polite coffee and pastry (and yes I payed for hers, I do have some manners...) and conversation for 20~ish minutes, and then told her that I think she's really nice and everything but I just don't feel the like we got that special "something" going between us, and that I felt we were more like friends than anything else. She agreed, I gave her a hug and walked away.

Being a guy who's experience with women has been >99% rejections, I can sympathize with how much rejection sucks, I don't see a point in not being gentle to someone who actually came and met me.

Old 09-30-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
In my single days, I usually had at least a couple of dates every 7-10 days.

Most important thing is to keep your "standards" the same. People seem to get pickier online and message women/men they'd never approach IRL. For men, cast a wide net. There's no disadvantage in talking to as many women as you can. You're going to fail far more than succeed so you need all the practice you can get. Women will have to sort through a lot of garbage to find the treasure. If you aren't even getting approached by crappy guys as a woman, there's something in your profile that's raising red flags.
Agreed. I don't remember what stopped me from approaching women. I know I eventually resorted to favouriting those I thought might be interesting and then waited for them to wink me. I would wink those who favourited me if I liked what I saw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships