Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 07:28 PM

4,605 posts, read 3,294,354 times

Advertisements

He is turning into someone very strange now. All these calls from him are not normal.

I think you should find something that will take your mind off this person. It has been many months now and I don't think this person is going to do anything more to be with you. If he really wanted to, he could have come for a holiday to see you and to meet you, to see if you both really liked each other. But he has not, even though you say his family has money.

I don't think this is going to go anywhere. I'm sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 06:01 AM

44 posts, read 34,558 times
Things r getting quite serious now. His brother is having some talks with him about our "relationship". Because of these talks, he's starting to ask and explain for me what marriage means to his family. That if I really want as he wants, i have to be mature enough to avoid any future divorce. He have some concerns about how im dealing with.
He's making his elder brother feels more confident about who i am. Because of the huge gap between my country culture , and his country culture.
Personally, im not feeling that afraid like i was before starting this thread. I talk to him at my free time, not feeling that "oh god and if he doesn't tell his parents". Idk what happened with me. Its like, now im the thinking: " ok, if he is really serious, and wants marriage, I'm going to face really difficult things, but will worth, because it means that we r serious about each other." On another hand: "ok, if he doesn't tell his parents, my life here is settled. I have my college (i have the topper marks), my life will keep running, and im doing what i like. I just cant have him like a priority. Its like a "fantasy/love/neverland conversation."

Old 12-19-2017, 06:07 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senunni View Post
I just cant have him like a priority. Its like a "fantasy/love/neverland conversation."
On the OTHER other hand, you've never met him and have NO business whatsoever talking about marriage.

It IS a fantasy conversation.

Old 12-19-2017, 07:03 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,203,791 times
Diversity is so much fun.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:06 AM

4,605 posts, read 3,294,354 times
Senunni, please keep in mind that you have not actually MET this person. You have talked to him on the phone. You have sent emails and texts.

You and I could do that, but you would not really know me. And I would not really know you. Only if you meet in person will you ever get to see what he is really like, even though you have talked to each other many times.

If you really want advice, it is this: You should insist that he comes here to see you. If he is not willing to do that, then you can make your own judgment about him. He has already gone to Singapore. Why did he not come to see you then? He has money, or his family does. His family is probably not going to allow him to marry you and he knows that. That is why he is afraid to tell them about you. This is going nowhere, in my opinion.

Please listen to the advice of many people on this thread and think about what you are doing.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:29 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,242,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
On the OTHER other hand, you've never met him and have NO business whatsoever talking about marriage.

It IS a fantasy conversation.
But...but it's "serious now"!

Old 12-19-2017, 10:25 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,966,039 times
If a relationship only exist online through app messages, emails, texts, and video calls is it a real relationship? joaquin phoenix has a movie called her where he falls in love with his "siri". It's an interesting concept in the least.

Old 12-19-2017, 03:18 PM

44 posts, read 34,558 times
If he wants something serious with me, he have to come here first. Its fun to keep talking anyway.
Some people should not make fun of that, or of me. Sarcasm its not a quality that improves ur mind. If it was, you would be living your life, instead of staying here, in front of a screen like me, someone that said "its serious now".
If someone wants to use sarcasm, please, u r not helping. Arguments r trending in old Greece, thats why we still use it to solve problems. Be humble, all of us were naive at some point of life.

Last edited by Senunni; 12-19-2017 at 03:30 PM..

Old 12-19-2017, 03:40 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senunni View Post
If he wants something serious with me, he have to come here first. Its fun to keep talking anyway.
Some people should not make fun of that, or of me. Sarcasm its not a quality that improves ur mind. If it was, you would be living your life, instead of staying here, in front of a screen like me, someone that said "its serious now".
If someone wants to use sarcasm, please, u r not helping. Arguments r trending in old Greece, thats why we still use it to solve problems. Be humble, all of us were naive at some point of life.

The intent is not sarcasm. If you have never met a person, it is not a relationship, you don't know each other. You SHOULDN'T be talking of marriage.

This is a very unhealthy situation.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-19-2017, 04:20 PM

922 posts, read 790,366 times
OP, I went through of a similar relationship with a man I met online. He strung me along for a year and a half. He always had some excuse for why he could not call me. We spoke on the phone twice in all that time.

I was lonely because my daughter moved away, and I had not been in a relationship for 10 years, I was busy working, going to college, and raising my two kids on my own. So I believed the things he told me, and thought we had a future together. I finally got fed up with nothing ever moving forward and blew up at him. He stopped all contact after that, and I am glad, because soon after I met my husband. Later I found out that most of what he told me was bull***t, and that he still lived with his wife.

OP, I think this guy is just stringing you along, and probably has no intention of telling his parents (if he is, in fact, Indian) or marrying you. You can be whoever you want behind a computer, and there are a lot of folks out there that think it's fun to be cruel and play with someone else's feelings. Please be careful, and don't believe everything he tells you until he can prove otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships