Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2017, 04:56 PM

534 posts, read 489,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
What is it about my place that makes you sad?
I'm not sure how to answer, because I want to be really clear I'm not criticizing your home, I'm just saying it's not a match for me, which in no way means it's not a match with someone else! I'm similar in age to you, and your home seems like the home of a much younger man. Just based on the photos, I would guess it was the home of a 25 year old without roots, maybe like living in a relative's basement. Because of the way it's decorated/arranged, plus the pirate software for downloading movies (that actually made me laugh out loud!). I actually really like the exterior, because I adore vintage, and the pink trim is so cute, but it looks very unloved.

I'm rather enamored with Carl Jung---not the Jungian analysts but the actual writings of Carl Jung. Carl Jung says that males and females all have a corresponding inner female and inner male, the anima and the animus. So in partners, we look for people who match the relationship we have with our own inner opposite. By your home, I would say your relationship with your inner anima is not very close...you probably don't nurture yourself very much, your inner anima tells you how you don't measure up unless you're making money, etc. So you keep attracting women who mirror this inner relationship.

That was all just to say: If you want a different sort of relationship, start listening to what your inner female tells you and start having a conscious relationship with her first. You are already having a relationship with her, you perhaps just don't realize it, because it's projected onto women. Women are only seen as gold diggers because your inner anima tells you that women are mostly materialistic and superficial and since you can't provide sufficient material matter then you aren't enough of a man to get a woman you want, etc. This makes you feel bad, so you fight back (of course!), and see the women as being wrong...but you are attracted to these women (who aren't a match in the way you want), because they match what's already inside.

When you pull back from projecting onto the actual physical females, you will start to see this relationship, this inner female inside of you. And you can work on your relationship there, and I swear to you, the types of women who start appearing in your life will be much different. It happens slowly but surely!

These are just my thoughts...they mean nothing except that it's just what I think about your situation, filtered through my own experiences. Feel free to tell me to go pound sand, I will not be offended! Your house is very cute architecturally and I hope if you ever change it and give it some attention and love that you will share photos with the forum!

Last edited by typical_guinea_pig; 10-09-2017 at 04:58 PM.. Reason: clarity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2017, 05:13 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
yep a few weeks without pay, as the library would not let me download my work software, and I do have a security system(not a service but alarms) plus small cameras in and out of the house that feed to a cloud service I can go back about a week viewing the vids(because i use the free clouds), the bars are more of a deterrent to would be thieves, think about it, if a thief see's 2 houses and one looks like it would be harder to get into he/she will pick the easier target. The bars were on the house when I bought it, half of the other houses have bars(mostly the elderly people), from what I learned from neighbors, at one time all the houses had bars because back in the 70's there was a huge spike in crime in the area but some time in the 90's the crime rate went down and some people who moved in the neighborhood had the bars removed from their houses. about five years ago 2 houses were broken into, and guess what... they were houses without bars though one had a security system.
You seem like a smart guy. Surely, you can come up with a contingency plan just in case your work related items/computers were to be unfortunately stolen. i.e. like keeping an extra backup laptop with you at all times (in a backpack) or possibly hiding it somewhere in your home if it was to get burglarized. So, that in an unfortunate event of a robbery or house fire/mishap, you can resume your work.

Old 10-10-2017, 12:06 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,118,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by typical_guinea_pig View Post
I'm not sure how to answer, because I want to be really clear I'm not criticizing your home, I'm just saying it's not a match for me, which in no way means it's not a match with someone else! I'm similar in age to you, and your home seems like the home of a much younger man.
Well good, I don't wish to become an old man at heart, a core part of people seem to die at a certain age, it is reflected in many of the comments to my threads referring to my age. there is a certain spirit in youth that I never want to lose, a defiance a way of questioning the status quo of the world, to still have the ability to see whats wrong with it, and the energy and openness to feel the bliss of the few things that are right with the world. So many people let the world kill there spirit, at some point society has broken there middle fingers. I will never be a caramel ward cleaver, manicured lawns are not my thing. but there is so much more to me than that, yes I do see the world differently than many but what I want out of life is not so bad. I did the family thing and I worked hard for years doing all those things everyone says your supposed to do, because I had responsibilities. now my kid is grown, my house is paid for and I was hoping to be able to recapture the best parts of my youth but with the knowledge to not make the mistakes of your. I just want to live a comfortable low stress life and have someone to share it with.

Quote:
Just based on the photos, I would guess it was the home of a 25 year old without roots, maybe like living in a relative's basement. Because of the way it's decorated/arranged, plus the pirate software for downloading movies (that actually made me laugh out loud!).
I view my computers and other tech as decorations, this is a house, it will be a home when I find someone to share it with, and like I said before she would be free to decorate it with all her stuff, because my place is sparse I would not have to get rid of stuff I became attached to to make room for her things. The only room I would want to keep is my office/studio, (the room with all the screens).

Old 10-10-2017, 12:29 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I had mild photophobia while my doctor was trying to figure out a contacts/allergy/dry eye situation, and she said that it's usually always treatable. It's a symptom of various conditions, and once you treat those conditions it goes away.

And while I know people have been giving the OP crap about his house, just the outside gives me pause. It's not a very welcoming sight. Maybe I read/watch way too much true crime, but I can just imagine pulling up outside and thinking, "oh, this is a trick. This is the part where I get mugged."
This.

I think a woman could deal with the dark interior (maybe put all those spray cans on the dresser in the bedroom into proper cabinets or something), but that exterior says "you will be chopped into pieces in this house and nobody will know what happened to you."

Get on the yard, OP. Put on a hat, grab some sunglasses, and spruce the place up just a little. Put the trashcan in the garage, maybe switch up the paint, plant some easy-to-tend bushes, etc.

It'll help.

Old 10-10-2017, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
You seem like a smart guy. Surely, you can come up with a contingency plan just in case your work related items/computers were to be unfortunately stolen. i.e. like keeping an extra backup laptop with you at all times (in a backpack) or possibly hiding it somewhere in your home if it was to get burglarized. So, that in an unfortunate event of a robbery or house fire/mishap, you can resume your work.
Just get some new bars for the windows that look more decorative than "jail cell" and it'll be fine.

Those can be worked into an exterior and look cute. For example:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/540713498990374554/

Old 10-10-2017, 12:52 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Just get some new bars for the windows that look more decorative than "jail cell" and it'll be fine.

IDK, they still look like bars to me, but more expensive, Lol.

I rather stick tin foil on the windows. Robbers would think twice about breaking into a home with tin foil on the windows, Lol.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:12 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
IDK, they still look like bars to me, but more expensive, Lol.

I rather stick tin foil on the windows. Robbers would think twice about breaking into a home with tin foil on the windows, Lol.
I don't know, I kinda like them. Way better than the alternative. Why don't more people use those, seriously?

Old 10-10-2017, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I don't know, I kinda like them. Way better than the alternative. Why don't more people use those, seriously?
Price.

I see them here on doors for added security. Pretty.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:33 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,118,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Because they are a lot more expensive, because they take longer to make as that can't be mass produced.
also mine are safety bars and aren't molded to my windows like that. in the inside of my house there is a lever by each window that when pulled the bars pop open(in case of fire). So my bars are actually the opposite of jail bars as they can only be opened from the inside.

Old 10-10-2017, 02:21 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
Because they are a lot more expensive, because they take longer to make as that can't be mass produced.
also mine are safety bars and aren't molded to my windows like that. in the inside of my house there is a lever by each window that when pulled the bars pop open(in case of fire). So my bars are actually the opposite of jail bars as they can only be opened from the inside.
I understand. It was just a joke. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships