U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 11:09 AM

6,717 posts, read 4,231,603 times

Advertisements

Okay let's cut all the BS and ridiculous rationalizing right now.

OP your mind is made up.

You're not going to tell him. Now enough with the lame attempts to justify keeping a secret that WILL eventually hurt him. You're not going to tell him because you're too scared to. Good chance neither will result in a good ending for you.

Problem solved.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:20 PM

308 posts, read 209,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOULLESSBEING View Post
Even if I wanted to tell him. What are the chances of him elievig me
Are you ******* kidding me?!?! You have a lot of typographical errors in your posts. I hope to God that you didn't mean to spell "l-e-a-v-i-n-g." That would mean that you are not only careless and your moral compass is sitting in an magnet field, but you're downright selfish! As a mother you should want the best for your child and steer them in the right direction....A DIRECTION period. Not keeping him where he is at under your wing for the rest of his life. Let go, do the right thing, allow your child to grow!

AND your daughter is in on this. WOW. This sounds like a generational illness being passed down. I imagine that you will not tell him and the cycle will continue with his kids. You can probably assume that you mother was in the same position as you are now and said nothing. Did you consider that??

Old 10-12-2017, 01:35 PM

16,724 posts, read 13,676,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway365 View Post
I hope to God that you didn't mean to spell "l-e-a-v-i-n-g."
Pretty sure she meant "believe"

Old 10-12-2017, 01:51 PM

308 posts, read 209,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Pretty sure she meant "believe"
Could go either way, but you're probably right "believe" sounds more of a closer fit. That being said, if she has proof like she said, then how can he not believe it? Why even ask such a rhetorical question?

Old 10-12-2017, 01:52 PM

16,724 posts, read 13,676,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway365 View Post
Could go either way, but you're probably right "believe" sounds more of a closer fit. That being said, she has proof like she said, then how can he not believe it? Why even ask such a rhetorical question?
To try to get the heat off herself.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:58 PM

8,224 posts, read 6,552,131 times
As a general response to the question and context of the thread purposefully ignoring the forum drama it turned in to:

I would bring it up privately to my child.

They can draw their own conclusions and form their own actions for themselves once the information and concern has been passed on to them.

Old 10-12-2017, 04:29 PM

39,047 posts, read 37,675,762 times
Quote:
Even if I wanted to tell him. What are the chances of him elievig me
You believed it. Because of the evidence someone emailed you. Remember?

Just show him that.

Old 10-13-2017, 06:35 AM

15,871 posts, read 13,434,729 times
Quote:
I wanted to mind my own business , not hurt him
Ha Ha. So that's why you went out of your way to meet with the girlfriend and make a pact with her to allow her to continue to cheat without being discovered.

Yeah. Your story is poorly told.

Old 10-13-2017, 03:23 PM

31,389 posts, read 18,427,441 times
Quote:
Both she and my son are 25 and have been together for just over 9 years.I received an e-mail from someone who has sent me evidence that she has been cheating on him for the past 5 years with his BFF. I talked with her about it and She convinced me and his sister to not say anything . Ive been knowing about this since day one and most of the time it happens it when hes out of town town or at work. I know that she cheated on him last night. I have NO idea how to handle this. Hey Parents out there as a Mom ,should I say anything to my son or just let it work itself out and he will figure it out soon enough?
Hard to believe you are the mother.

I don't mean to insult you, and I understand everybody has a personal moral code. However, I can't believe any mother would do this to her own son.

My ex brother in law has cheated on my sister with many different women. Let me start it by saying that i don't blame the women because they didn't know he was married. I blamed him and him only. Nothing changed the fact that if I knew something, I'd tell my sister, she is my sister for crying out loud. I would let her know what I would do if I were her, and what she would actually do is her business.

Your son's relationship is already screwed. I am so sorry.

Old 10-13-2017, 05:28 PM

63 posts, read 25,073 times
Haven't really followed this thread after my last post. For ****s and giggles, decided to see what I missed...

That would be: a whole lot of nothing. Just the continual, "I can't tell my son he's being cheated on for reason A, B, and C."

And, the more I read the thread, the more I can't believe this is legitimate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or