U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 02:25 PM

13,438 posts, read 24,226,897 times

Advertisements

If my mom knew my SO was cheating I would expect her to tell me. And if I found out she had made a deal with my BF and agreed not to tell, I would be furious!

Time for mom to face the music and come clean. I would invite the 2 of them to dinner and explain you made a mistake and the only way you can correct it is to tell the truth as you know it. I would just present all the facts and tell them what happened. Show them the 'proof' too. You need to confess everything, including the 'deal' with the GF. Then let the chips fall where they may.

By coming clean in front of both of them there will be less confusion and they both heard the same thing at the same time.

Old 10-08-2017, 02:34 PM

39,094 posts, read 37,751,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOULLESSBEING View Post
I'm not backing anybody
Yes, you are. You're backing the cheating girlfriend and enabling her to cheat more. On your own son!!!!

Bad news does NOT get better over time.

Tell him tonight, or at least before he goes out of town again.

Old 10-08-2017, 03:03 PM

24 posts, read 10,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrkspr View Post
Not sure why you are 'protecting' this woman...

If I were in your son's shoes, I would be very upset if my mother had this evidence for years, and never made an effort to tell me.
I know but I don't know if I should get involved

Old 10-08-2017, 03:10 PM

Thanks everyone but I think I might let this one sort itself out

Old 10-08-2017, 03:11 PM

[quote=yellowsnow;49760907]If my mom knew my SO was cheating I would expect her to tell me. And if I found out she had made a deal with my BF and agreed not to tell, I would be furious!

Time for mom to face the music and come clean. I would invite the 2 of them to dinner and explain you made a mistake and the only way you can correct it is to tell the truth as you know it. I would just present all the facts and tell them what happened. Show them the 'proof' too. You need to confess everything, including the 'deal' with the GF. Then let the chips fall where they may.

By coming clean in front of both of them there will be less confusion and they both heard the same thing at the same time.
Ok look when I talked to her she says just let her do this in her own time and since she's friends with my daughter since H.S she didn't wanna ruin their friendship. My daughter dosent wanna lose their friendship as she and my son were never close. She's actually my daughters first BFF.

Old 10-08-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Set the evidence out where he will find it, there is no way I would sit back and let my son be cheated on by some slutty little beatch
Ok look when I talked to her she says just let her do this in her own time and since she's friends with my daughter since H.S she didn't wanna ruin their friendship. My daughter dosent wanna lose their friendship as she and my son were never close. She's actually my daughters first BFF.

Old 10-08-2017, 03:17 PM

Old 10-08-2017, 03:19 PM

5,106 posts, read 6,068,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I would ask her about it in front of him.

Christ almighty, y'all, for real??? Stay out of it? In these situations, I ask myself, "What would I want them to do for me if the roles were reversed."

If it were me, I sure would hope my mom - or anyone - would say something.
Agree

My Mom told me after the divorce that she had known he was cheating and with whom. She said he had even made a pass at my sister. I was livid at her for letting me go through so much misery when if she had said something I would have checked it out and divorced that guy instead of trying to make it work for so long.

Old 10-08-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
Agree

My Mom told me after the divorce that she had known he was cheating and with whom. She said he had even made a pass at my sister. I was livid at her for letting me go through so much misery when if she had said something I would have checked it out and divorced that guy instead of trying to make it work for so long.
Why did she hide it from you??

Old 10-08-2017, 03:33 PM

39,094 posts, read 37,751,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOULLESSBEING View Post
Your "thought process" here is absolutely unbelievable to me.

You obviously favor your daughter over your son, that's for sure.

What, are you one of those moms who wants to be "one of the girls"?? Are you SO self-centered that you don't want to harm your status as "friends" with your daughter and this slag friend of hers that you are going to let your son be mistreated like this? And possibly catch an STD???

This is SO screwed up. You need a wake-up call, lady.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or