U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-08-2017, 07:48 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
3,182 posts, read 9,221,015 times
Reputation: 4716

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOULLESSBEING View Post
Both she and my son are 25 and have been together for just over 9 years.I received an e-mail from someone who has sent me evidence that she has been cheating on him for the past 5 years with his BFF. I talked with her about it and She convinced me and his sister to not say anything . Ive been knowing about this since day one and most of the time it happens it when hes out of town town or at work. I know that she cheated on him last night. I have NO idea how to handle this. Hey Parents out there as a Mom ,should I say anything to my son or just let it work itself out and he will figure it out soon enough?
Your son probably knows. If people sent you evidence, and you've known, he has likely been sent evidence and knows. He may have decided to be OK with it or he's in denial.

 
Old 10-08-2017, 07:49 PM
 
63 posts, read 25,048 times
Reputation: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOULLESSBEING View Post
Why you say that,?
Because you are enabling the relationship between your son and his cheating significant other to continue.
 
Old 10-08-2017, 07:49 PM
 
Location: Sacramento , ca
24 posts, read 10,808 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
Your son probably knows. If people sent you evidence, and you've known, he has likely been sent evidence and knows. He may have decided to be OK with it or he's in denial.
TRUST ME. He doesn't know.
 
Old 10-08-2017, 07:59 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, Tennessee
39,014 posts, read 37,656,456 times
Reputation: 73607
If the girlfriend was robbing a bank, you'd be like the driver of the getaway car.

Why are you not pissed at her for doing this and asking you not to tell?
 
Old 10-08-2017, 08:09 PM
 
15,871 posts, read 13,425,064 times
Reputation: 35285
Come on yall, she's only known about this for 10 months or five years.
 
Old 10-08-2017, 08:10 PM
 
7,042 posts, read 3,698,941 times
Reputation: 10061
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
What happens if the gf gets pregnant from the other guy and the son gets to think it's his? He'll start to get suspicious when features not his start to show in the kid.
By that time, the son might already be on the hook for 18 years of child support. He wouldn't be the first man court ordered to pay for another man's child "in the best interest of the child".
 
Old 10-08-2017, 08:12 PM
 
7,042 posts, read 3,698,941 times
Reputation: 10061
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOULLESSBEING View Post
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR OPINIONS
This evidence has been in my possesion for over 10 months now and I haven't told until this point and I have made up my mind not to tell. If these things come out and I am asked I will give what I know, but will not be the one who brings it out. The only reason I have thought of telling is because people have said that he "deserves to know". I think he is better off not knowing, will save him a lot of hurt now. I truly believe that in the end people's true colors will show through.
If I was your son I would consider this an unforgivable betrayal and disown you. If she has a child by another man and your son is fooled into thinking it's his and supporting it, that's partly on you. As also if she gives him AIDS or other STD.
 
Old 10-08-2017, 08:14 PM
 
7,042 posts, read 3,698,941 times
Reputation: 10061
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOULLESSBEING View Post
Please don't make me look like the bad guy ok?
You're not the bad guy, you're the bad mother. A total disgrace to parenthood.
 
Old 10-08-2017, 08:16 PM
 
7,042 posts, read 3,698,941 times
Reputation: 10061
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOULLESSBEING View Post
I'm not backing anybody
You absolutely are. You discussed this with the cheater and are behaving exactly as the cheater requested.
 
Old 10-08-2017, 08:21 PM
 
6,078 posts, read 2,296,072 times
Reputation: 9682
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOULLESSBEING View Post
Both she and my son are 25 and have been together for just over 9 years.I received an e-mail from someone who has sent me evidence that she has been cheating on him for the past 5 years with his BFF. I talked with her about it and She convinced me and his sister to not say anything . Ive been knowing about this since day one
Did she convince you both at the same time? The sister wants to keep this BfriendF more than keep a relationship with her brother, but what's your excuse, this isn't you 'BFF', too is it? (Do middle aged women really use the acronym for best friend forever this much?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOULLESSBEING View Post
I can only guess that it was from someone I know.
Maybe, and they mistakenly thought you would do the right thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOULLESSBEING View Post
This evidence has been in my possesion for over 10 months now and I haven't told until this point and I have made up my mind not to tell.
You said you knew from day one. Then 10 months, then 5 years. You decided not to tell for 5 years, then posted your question for one day, then decided not to tell?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOULLESSBEING View Post
I truly believe that in the end people's true colors will show through.
Yes, yours will, for not doing the right thing, and losing the trust of a son over nothing. Get your story straight and come back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top