U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 12:29 PM

15,736 posts, read 11,738,008 times

Advertisements

Next time she comes to your trailer, tell her she needs to tell your son TODAY or YOU will.

And then do it.

Old 10-09-2017, 12:42 PM

4,236 posts, read 6,186,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I cant imagine any parent who truly loved their child would keep this a secret.
At least we know the screen name fits for the OP lol

Old 10-09-2017, 01:01 PM

4,377 posts, read 1,487,020 times
My kids are 32 and 34. If I found out that their girlfriends were cheating on them for YEARS (I wish I could change the font to be bigger for YEARS) Oh hellz yes, I would tell them. She'd be dead to me.

By nature, I love who my kids love. When THEY'RE happy, so am I. The flip side to that is if they hurt my kids, there's no love left.

What if girlfriend gets pregnant? What a mess of spiders THAT would be. He should know.

Old 10-10-2017, 12:20 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,163,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
People with that attitude are usually the type who will put up with anything, for various reasons--fear of being alone, fear of the confrontation, 'love'.

As his mother I think you should tell him--at the very least think about what you'd want him to do if you were in his shoes. Would you want him to tell you, or sit there at the Thanksgiving table as if all is fine and dandy?

If he chooses to stay with her after all is revealed, then that's on him--but look out for the ones you love, as opposed to letting those who DON'T love them take full advantage.
Hell ya- if it were my kid, I'd tell in a second. And I would want someone to do the same for me.

Although without reading this whole post- the whole story sounds a little off.

Old 10-10-2017, 12:23 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,163,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOULLESSBEING View Post
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR OPINIONS
This evidence has been in my possesion for over 10 months now and I haven't told until this point and I have made up my mind not to tell. If these things come out and I am asked I will give what I know, but will not be the one who brings it out. The only reason I have thought of telling is because people have said that he "deserves to know". I think he is better off not knowing, will save him a lot of hurt now. I truly believe that in the end people's true colors will show through.
Really? After 5 years, you need to tell. You want to know this is going on another 5 years?

Old 10-10-2017, 03:16 PM

4,377 posts, read 1,487,020 times
How will you even be able to look at this woman, knowing she cheats on your son?

I think I agree dbsteel...there's something off about this.

Old 10-10-2017, 05:33 PM

308 posts, read 209,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOULLESSBEING View Post
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR OPINIONS
This evidence has been in my possesion for over 10 months now and I haven't told until this point and I have made up my mind not to tell. If these things come out and I am asked I will give what I know, but will not be the one who brings it out. The only reason I have thought of telling is because people have said that he "deserves to know". I think he is better off not knowing, will save him a lot of hurt now. I truly believe that in the end people's true colors will show through.
Like yours?? I can't stand the save a penny now, cost a ton later mentality. It's why a lot of scum bag businesses should be closed down.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:42 PM

5,842 posts, read 6,914,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
Omg...you should've told your son about this the SECOND you found out about it. But since you didn't, if he finds out that you've known all this time about his GF cheating on him, he'll probably be very pissed at you and may even disown you for a while.

Why would you (and how could you) let a deceitful cheater 'convince you' to NOT tell your son about this? Who's side are you actually on?

I realize some people think that they shouldn't get involved in other people's love lives - but um, this is your SON we're talking about here. I would hope to God that if my mom or dad KNEW that my BF was cheating on me, that they would tell me immediately!
I agree with every word. The mother should have told him, good gosh if u cannot trust your family to have your back who can you count on? This is a sad situation.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:10 AM

7,089 posts, read 2,207,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonHB View Post
Your son is an adult. If he's managed to stay with this gf for 9 years he either already knows something, will probably figure it out or already has suspicions. I would leave it alone unless he specifically asks you about it. It is too easy for intentions to be misinterpreted.

You'd better stay out of it or you might damage your relationship with your son. The last way a young man wants to learn something like this, is from his mother. As already suggested, he might already know about it, especially since she's doing it with his best friend. It is mandatory for young people to have their hearts broken a few times, to become wiser adults, so let things work out naturally.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:38 AM

3,740 posts, read 1,994,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
You'd better stay out of it or you might damage your relationship with your son. The last way a young man wants to learn something like this, is from his mother. As already suggested, he might already know about it, especially since she's doing it with his best friend. It is mandatory for young people to have their hearts broken a few times, to become wiser adults, so let things work out naturally.
Or he may very well not have any clue what his girlfriend is doing. I understand what you're saying, but if it was my kid, you can bet I wouldn't sit by ideally and quietly. What if she also got pregnant by another guy, and tried to pass it off as if my kid got her pregnant?

Yeah, I wouldn't sit back quietly, knowing what his girlfriend is doing to him.

Also, you can't speak for everyone. If my parents knew my girlfriend was doing some shady stuff behind my back and they didn't tell me, I'd be pretty ticked off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or