Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 08:50 AM

12,860 posts, read 22,021,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovedianaroses View Post
First of all, wow, I didn't know this issue would be so controversial to everyone.
Seems like you're making this a much bigger issue than it needs to be. You know your workplace and your relationship with your boss better than anyone. Basically one of the following is true:

1) A romantic relationship with your boss is inappropriate and would be frowned upon even if it wasn't technically against company policy. This is true for most people which is why you're getting some of the responses you've seen so far. It shouldn't be surprising it's controversial in most people's eyes.

2) Maybe it's not against company policy and it wouldn't be frowned upon by other employees (rare), but a romantic relationship between superior and subordinate often ends up with AT LEAST a few complications due to the structure of your professional relationship (subordinate/superior) and personal relationship (hopefully equals).

If it's number 1, then it's a really bad idea and you should avoid it. Period. If it's number 2, and you think you can make it work, then sure... go for it. But why don't you ask him out instead of waiting for him to make the move? Especially if it really is as OK as you say it is. Shouldn't be a big deal if that's the case.

Regardless, I'm surprised you're surprised about the responses. It's almost never a good thing for an employee to date their boss. Ever. I don't know of a single example of that working out well for someone. Maybe you're situation is different, but that would make you a big exception to the rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2017, 09:31 PM

115 posts, read 92,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I haven't read any replies, but whats wrong with asking him out?

Sounds so simplistic to me. I dont get it sometimes.
I think she doesn't want to ask him out on a date because she would only do it if she thinks the relationship is going to be long term and more than a crush.

OP, maybe you can ask him to go out for lunch during work if it's convenient and not be seen as a date by him or others.

Old 02-03-2018, 04:39 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,604 times
another stubborn, adamant old-fashioned woman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships