Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 04:35 PM

32 posts, read 20,741 times

Advertisements

I've been infatuated with my super hot manager at work for the past few months after I started my new job. He is in his mid 30s and I'm in my late 20s. He is my direct supervisor but we work on different floors, so we don't interact everyday. He seems to be single, or at least not married as no ring is present and there was no mention of a wife from him or other coworkers, but I'm not 100% sure. I am single. Anyway, it began with subtle hints of attraction. In the beginning, he would go out of his way to bump into me on my floor, which I knew because he would come down for trivial reasons like getting supplies or talking to a worker that is in a different department, and look for me to wave and smile. Whenever I did happen to sit down and have a conversation with him about work relates issues, he always paid attention to every little thing I said and he would remember all the details the next time I spoke to him. Also, I generally thank him and show my appreciation for everything he does to help me and compliment him, and he seems extremely flattered and moved every time, with smiles. Sometimes, when I bump into him, he seems startled and speaks in a lower voice. Other times, he tries to act cool and casual but I can tell his mood changes after he sees me. We've never went out for lunch or anything yet, because of our different work shifts and the overall office environment is extremely formal and nobody goes out to eat together. But outside of work, he always finds a reason to call me about some work related issue.

I thought he was just being friendly because he's generally nice to everyone (but not flirty. He is very professional) but recently he had been calling me into his office on his floor more often for one on one meetings, and he would offer me certain projects saying that he could've given them to other workers but he chose to give them to me first because he wanted to help me. He also said I can call him anytime even if it's late at night if I need to ask for any further help. Our meetings have progressed to where he was just polite and professional to him trying to crack a small joke here and there and asking me about my personal/career life. He has yet to tell me much about his own personal life, but then again, he is the slightly guarded type and we are in a very professional corporate environment. He does, however, drop little things here and there about himself.

My gut feeling tells me he is into me too or at least somewhat attracted to me, but I'm just not 100% sure. I'm quite the blunt and honest type, so though I do speak formally because of my work environment, I also talk a lot about my life or whatever issue at work freely. He seems to enjoy listening to me talk, because he always says I should stop by his office to talk whenever I want, but I'm not sure if he was just being friendly or he truly wants me to be around.

From these actions, does it seem like he is into me?
I would really like for him to ask me out, or to at least become closer and know more about his personal life, but I don't know how to progress. We are in an industry where it takes a lot of time and experience to move up the ranks, so I know he wouldn't want to risk losing his job, nor do I, though I do not plan on staying at this company long term. I'm finding it difficult to let go of the infatuation. What should I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 04:45 PM

102,198 posts, read 107,842,460 times
OY!

Old 10-10-2017, 04:46 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,920,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovedianaroses View Post
I know he wouldn't want to risk losing his job, nor do I, though I do not plan on staying at this company long term.
Then you can be sure it will be short term if you continue this course. If the bold ^^ is true, you will do whatever you can to stop obsessing about him and focus on your job.

It's not as fun and sexy as daydreaming about your super hot supervisor all day long, but it sure beats being unemployed.

Seriously ... all the things he's doing that you described could very easily just be work-related coincidences.

DON'T DO IT.

Old 10-10-2017, 04:54 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,226,239 times
Keep romance out of the office, especially when a Supervisor or Manager is involved.

Old 10-10-2017, 04:57 PM

437 posts, read 336,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovedianaroses View Post
does it seem like he is into me?

Post a pic, then we will be able to say better.

Old 10-10-2017, 05:02 PM

130,164 posts, read 12,088,000 times
Have you seen any harrasment videos?

Old 10-10-2017, 05:30 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,634,284 times
Ffs.

Old 10-10-2017, 05:32 PM

9,373 posts, read 6,972,249 times
Now way this could go wrong.

Old 10-10-2017, 05:38 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,718,408 times
I get it....attraction is cute.

But....remember where you are and the situation around you.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:05 PM

102,198 posts, read 107,842,460 times
If you're not planning to be there long-term, when you do give notice, you can give him your card, or your phone number, with the excuse that you can be reached there, if anyone has any questions about your work/projects, whatever. You can only ethically pursue this after you've left. And btw, it would be unethical of him to pursue it while you're employed there, too.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 10-10-2017 at 06:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships