Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 09:42 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,241 times

Advertisements

In a few years, he will be 50....And I thought it was embarrassing that i didn't lose mine until I was 29... We been dating awhile. He was raised in a strict religious upbringing that sex was reserved until marriage.
i respect that. I know he loves me and cherish our time together enjoying each other's company when we're together. As far as progressing the relationship further into engagement then marriage, he doesn't seem all that interested.

What would cause a man not care all that much about losing his virginity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 09:47 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
In a few years, he will be 50....And I thought it was embarrassing that i didn't lose mine until I was 29... We been dating awhile. He was raised in a strict religious upbringing that sex was reserved until marriage.
i respect that. I know he loves me and cherish our time together enjoying each other's company when we're together. As far as progressing the relationship further into engagement then marriage, he doesn't seem all that interested.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexuality

Old 10-10-2017, 09:47 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Viginity was a curse. Losing it was fine.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Viginity was a curse. Losing it was fine.
I had no interest in sex until almost 30. Not sure what happened. Maybe it was crawling out of my shy, comfort zone slowly aftwr the loss of my sister and realizing life is short and then the loss of a long time family friend who died way too young that had got me realize life is short, live it up. Now my hormones are raging like a 18yr. old young man

Old 10-10-2017, 10:07 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:

A traumatic brain injury is the only thing I can think of.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
A traumatic brain injury is the only thing I can think of.
he has never spoke of a serious accident involving his brain

Old 10-10-2017, 10:26 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,922,182 times
Quote:
he has never spoke of a serious accident involving his brain
Quote:
He was raised in a strict religious upbringing that sex was reserved until marriage.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:39 PM

437 posts, read 336,223 times
Quote:

Cant help u there. Ask him not us.

Old 10-10-2017, 11:42 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:

Well if he’s gotten to almost 50 without sex, he has probably found other ways to occupy his time.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:04 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:

You need look no further than that "strict religious upbringing", to find the cause of his dysfunctional sex drive. That has messed-up the lives of countless people. His apathy about it and your "raging hormones" seem at odds, regarding your chances for having a satisfactory long-term relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships