Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 04:59 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,822,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregfloripa View Post
When you say he talks about other women, do you mean ex girlfriends or other girls he's interested in?
And with is he just flirting or really interested, what do you mean? Like is he just flirting for fun but he has no interest in seeing you. Or do you just feel like he's acting friendly and you're not sure if he's that interested. He's not being forward enough?

That's an interesting one, I'd never thought about that.
When he talks about his failed previous attempt with woman..not the details but generic

Yeah whether how interested the guy is ..but one thing I realised.. a guy will only go the distance as far as his interest level takes him .. actually same as woman too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 05:13 PM

926 posts, read 671,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy HalfNelson View Post
Don't tell me someone invited you over for dinner and then made Calamari!
They DID!! And after I figured out what it was that I was eating, I took the remainder of it that was on my plate and shoved it down their effing throat until they CHOKED on it! Ha!

Quote:
Kidding, Yes fake people are truly, truly annoying. I know people want to put their "best face" on in the early going, but to me that always seemed phony. If that's not who you really are, then when you're no longer being on your best behavior it just feels like a lie you've been portraying during the courtship phase. In situations like that I'm usually left thinking "who the hell are you and where'd the person I spent all this time getting to know go?"
Well, I understand that most people want to be on their 'best behaviour' when out on a date (or dates) with someone. But I mean, seriously...some people carry that on for too long...and then once they feel comfy with the other person, then their 'best behaviour' goes out the window - and it is THEN that you see them for what and WHO they truly ARE. Very disappointing. I would've rather known what kind of person they REALLY ARE from the get-go, instead of having to WASTE my TIME (and my life) dating them only to find out months later.

Old 10-11-2017, 05:23 PM

204 posts, read 129,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
They DID!! And after I figured out what it was that I was eating, I took the remainder of it that was on my plate and shoved it down their effing throat until they CHOKED on it! Ha!
Lmao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
Well, I understand that most people want to be on their 'best behaviour' when out on a date (or dates) with someone. But I mean, seriously...some people carry that on for too long...and then once they feel comfy with the other person, then their 'best behaviour' goes out the window - and it is THEN that you see them for what and WHO they truly ARE. Very disappointing. I would've rather known what kind of person they REALLY ARE from the get-go, instead of having to WASTE my TIME (and my life) dating them only to find out months later.
Completely agree. I always say upfront, this is me and this is who I am. If you like/don't like what you see now, it's not going to be different later. That's saved me a lot of grief over the years.

Old 10-11-2017, 05:24 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,921,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
When you meet someone you like and never hear from them again.
Definitely this.

Or going out on one date with them, and them disappearing.

Which is why I advise to date multiple people, at least when you haven't yet gotten a second or third date with a person. Too many people get all ''Committed' to someone, who they haven't even went out with yet. And then too many times, they either don't go out with that person at all/never even meet, or they wind up only going out on one date and never seeing the person again.

Old 10-11-2017, 05:30 PM

26,691 posts, read 41,633,601 times
Quote:
What part of initiating do you hate? Is it that you can get rejected there, or something else?

I might be wrong, but from the points you made it sounds like it's mainly the fear of rejection? Why do you care about getting rejected, does it make you feel unwanted or something else?

Just curious on those, I know fear of rejection was a big one for me. Even now I still get nervous and feel that fear of getting rejected, but my mind's always better at creating all these scenarios that I could get rejected that actually never happen. It's almost always a positive experience even if they're not interested.
I resent initating because as a guy, the default onus is on me.

Why I care about rejection? Damn straight it makes me feel unwanted and not good enough for someone.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:41 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,351,299 times
Quote:
Hey guys,

Also from a girl's perspective, what's the part that annoys you or you hate that guys do(or don't do) during dating, or at a first date, or even when they approach you?

There are obviously different experiences depending on the stage and approach to dating, and one's stage of life. In the early stages of getting back in the dating scene, I tried to focus on meeting people (who seemed compatible in key areas) and taking on a more casual approach. I didn't have expectations for how it would go and just tried to get a feel for everything. As time went on and my approach changed and I desired something more serious, I had to be more discerning and observant overall, 'cause I wasn't about wasting my or other people's time.

Over that course of time I came to realize some men didn't quite know what they're about beneath the surface, what they actually want (as opposed to 'someone to date to avoid being single'), weren't introspective, and weren't quite ready to date after leaving a long term marriage or relationship. You can glean details from people just from talking and interacting. So learning to read people and being intuitive can definitely help in the screening process.

The annoying bits are par for the course. The cheesy and skeevy pickup lines and the butthurt response to being "rejected." Same ol' same ol'. There are the usual one-and-dones, duds, etc. Like with a lot of things, there are ups and downs.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:44 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,899,519 times
The part where you meet her close friends and parents, and they stare you down with that look
"What is it about him that she likes, is he good enough for her"
And their subsequent questioning

Old 10-11-2017, 07:06 PM

622 posts, read 394,366 times
I hate it when a guy comes on strong and then bails the minute you admit you like him too. Thrill of the chase? Even worse is when they promise to never abandon you or ghost you and then do just that leaving you wondering why. It hurts!

Old 10-11-2017, 07:08 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,493,099 times
Quote:
Hey guys,
I'm curious what for you is the most frustrating part of dating<>
As George Burns said, "There ARE no women my age."

Old 10-11-2017, 07:09 PM

437 posts, read 334,990 times
Hasnt happened to me often,, bc i probably pick my spots more wisely than most guys.

But rejection is the single worst/most frustrating part about the whole dating process.

I could list another 50. But that is number one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships