Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 07:36 PM

1,257 posts, read 887,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grad_student200 View Post
A lot of men let themselves go in middle age and stop exercising entirely. The food, beers, and armchair quarterback lifestyle can age a guy rapidly. This scene shows an aging former boxing champion in middle age. At the very end of the clip, it flashes back to his early 20s as a middle weight boxing contender - Jake Lamotta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuoiAt_k-CE

But back to the question, she is better off single anyway since divorce rates are so high. To be older, unmarried, and complaining about "not finding love" isn't as bad as those people who got burned badly when they thought hey had it but did not - a pyrrhic victory. The divorced single mom in her 40s is usually much worse off - especially if the father is a deadbeat dad.
I don’t know why she’s so opposed to marrying an older man. Maybe she feels a younger guy makes her look younger, too. Whatever. Age shouldn’t matter (no jailbait, though ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 09:22 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernProper View Post
Those particular women sound shallow, but I don’t agree that “most good looking women don’t have a very good personality.” Models dwell in a vain, illusionary industry, but not all beautiful women are shallow and dull. A lot of us are educated, very intelligent, great conversationalists, adventurous, with a good sense of humor. We’re all over small town America. You don’t have to settle. Maybe you just need to look past Madison Ave.
People like you would be fresh meat here in NYC, I am strictly talking about models here in NYC. A lot of models here don't speak very good English just like Trump's wife. One girl I met, she had a nice smile spoke little English after 2 months I heard a director is divorcing his wife and marrying her. Nice opportunity to get a green card I suppose. Rich white guys like the Harvey Weinsteins use their workplaces as a dating service.

If beautiful women are intelligent they should be going for jobs that uses their intelligence instead they're all getting these low effort jobs at media and ad agencies looking for their next big break. Many are working side gigs being professional girlfriends to rich Wall Street bankers. It's a very common thing here for many girls that work as models and wannabee actresses.

Old 10-27-2017, 04:11 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
I can't believe that there are people in this world who are this conceited and so full of themselves!

A lot of men may find this woman attractive, but um, I highly doubt that it's her 'beauty' that is keeping her from finding love with a guy - I think it's her conceited and deluded attitude that she has about herself and about men her age.

We've all read posts on here from members who think they're not attractive enough to find someone to date and get into a relationship with - but, I've yet to read ANY posts on here from anyone stating that they're TOO attractive to find love!

Do you think 'super attractive' people have a tough time at dating and finding love like average or unattractive people do? Or do you think this woman and other people like her are full of baloney?
Actually, its the really physically attractive women who get bullied and ostracized the most - at any age...by other women. And men are usually so intimidated by very attractive women that few ever feel up to asking them out. So, they end up spending a lot of time alone. Same goes for highly intelligent women. If a woman is both, its a double whammy since you're not "allowed" to be both.

It does not mean they are conceited, it means that like any outliers in our society, they do not have it easy.

Old 10-27-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Actually, its the really physically attractive women who get bullied and ostracized the most - at any age...by other women. And men are usually so intimidated by very attractive women that few ever feel up to asking them out. So, they end up spending a lot of time alone. Same goes for highly intelligent women. If a woman is both, its a double whammy since you're not "allowed" to be both.

It does not mean they are conceited, it means that like any outliers in our society, they do not have it easy.
I tried explaining this on another thread (because it’s happened to me since I was a teen) and I was basically laughed at. It does happen, it’s real ... women can be terrible and men are often intimidated. But I don’t sweat it. I’m just me and that’s so much more than what I look like.

Old 10-27-2017, 04:41 PM

926 posts, read 673,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post

I understand if very physically attractive women actually do get bullied and banished by other women and if they are misunderstood and intimidate men and that this is why they 'don't have it easy'. That's fine. But just because those type of women don't have it easy, that doesn't mean they have to be conceited or arrogant about their looks - there IS such a thing as them being humble and modest!

Old 10-27-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
I understand if very physically attractive women actually do get bullied and banished by other women and if they are misunderstood and intimidate men and that this is why they 'don't have it easy'. That's fine. But just because those type of women don't have it easy, that doesn't mean they have to be conceited or arrogant about their looks - there IS such a thing as them being humble and modest!
Absolutely. The lady in this news article is just ridiculous. No one is too beautiful to find love. She looks like about a 7, but her personality makes her a solid 4. She sounds like she treats men terribly.

Old 10-27-2017, 06:06 PM

710 posts, read 584,070 times
It’s hard for me to find sympathy for this person. Being a beautiful person makes dating so much easier for them than everyone else. I refuse to believe that someone can be “too beautiful” to find someone.

Old 10-27-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
It’s hard for me to find sympathy for this person. Being a beautiful person makes dating so much easier for them than everyone else. I refuse to believe that someone can be “too beautiful” to find someone.
Exactly. Her looks aren’t the problem.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:27 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,858,996 times
Meh. She's a 6. A 7 at best.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:33 PM

52,203 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Meh. She's a 6. A 7 at best.
Her looks aren't really the problem it's her douchebag like attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships