Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 07:48 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,218,123 times

Advertisements

Women have been conditioned to believe that men are the pursuers and that if a man doesn't pursue, he's not ineresed. She was dropping hints so that you would talk to her. If you found her attractive and noticed her noticing you, why didn't you ask her out or at least talk to her? She was trying to get your attention and was waiting for some confirmation from you that the interest is mutual. Women fear rejection too.

Last edited by Atlanta_BD; 02-03-2018 at 09:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 08:10 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Ah we are?

Old 02-03-2018, 10:43 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,586,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
You should have asked her out. Don't make the same mistake with the next girl.
There's one thing the OP or anyone, can take for granted. If a women gives unmistakable signs that she's interested in a guy, especially if she verbally invites him to call her or come see her, he has a very short window of opportunity, in which to make a favorable response. If he does not and gives her the brush-off, he can be sure that she will never again have any interest in him, even if he makes advances towards her.

It's very humiliating for a woman who sticks our her neck and lets a guy know she's interested, if he doesn't respond. She won't forgive him for that or give him another chance. A lesson learned the hard way. If a guy is interested in a woman and then she shows that the interest is mutual, he needs to move on it------now!

Old 02-13-2018, 06:06 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Yeah, the first move is the EASY part!

Old 02-13-2018, 06:30 PM

44,351 posts, read 20,056,503 times
I made the first move with my guy. We've been together for 6.5 years so far.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-23-2018 at 09:39 PM..

Old 02-19-2018, 11:14 PM

224 posts, read 228,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCaper View Post
I've noticed this one girl staring at me, and thought nothing of it. Then, I noticed she keeps positioning herself in my field of view. After that, she took my seat (at work).
There it is, like clockwork...After you've deprived her of acknowledgment, enter the Mod cut. test to try to force a reaction out of you. It's the comically-predictable next step after her non-verbal cues failed to garner any attention, and can become incredibly annoying in the workplace when all you're trying to do is put in an honest day's work and then go home. But beware:

In this day and age and especially now in the #metoo era, the Mod cut. test in the workplace by a woman is a dangerous trap: An overly-negative and non-flirtatious reaction by you to it (in essence, a rejection of her) can easily lead to an HR complaint on you by her for some made-up charge such as over-aggression (because you rejected her advances and/or embarrassed her)...Even more dangerous when there were no witnesses that you can trust.

Conversely, an "indifferent" reaction to her Mod cut. test, such as finding another seat (in the example above), or flat-out ignoring it, may lead to even more Mod cut. tests as her mind starts to wonder why you haven't seemed to put her up on a pedestal like most men she encounters, causing even stronger attraction because she's effectively been "forced" to look up to you.

If they start to become too hostile, harassing and/or out of line with company policy, take note, because you may end up with a legitimate HR complaint against her...But normally (unless she's reaching the desperation stage between declining sexual market value and "old cat lady"), she'll just get bored of you and move on long before it gets to that point, which is probably what you wanted anyway.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-20-2018 at 07:11 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 02-19-2018, 11:46 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft Laud Guy View Post
There it is, like clockwork...After you've deprived her of acknowledgment, enter the [bleep] test to try to force a reaction out of you. It's the comically-predictable next step after her non-verbal cues failed to garner any attention, and can become incredibly annoying in the workplace when all you're trying to do is put in an honest day's work and then go home. But beware:

In this day and age and especially now in the #metoo era, the [bleep] test in the workplace by a woman is a dangerous trap: An overly-negative and non-flirtatious reaction by you to it (in essence, a rejection of her) can easily lead to an HR complaint on you by her for some made-up charge such as over-aggression (because you rejected her advances and/or embarrassed her)...Even more dangerous when there were no witnesses that you can trust.

Conversely, an "indifferent" reaction to her [bleep] test, such as finding another seat (in the example above), or flat-out ignoring it, may lead to even more [bleep] tests as her mind starts to wonder why you haven't seemed to put her up on a pedestal like most men she encounters, causing even stronger attraction because she's effectively been "forced" to look up to you.

If they start to become too hostile, harassing and/or out of line with company policy, take note, because you may end up with a legitimate HR complaint against her...But normally (unless she's reaching the desperation stage between declining sexual market value and "old cat lady"), she'll just get bored of you and move on long before it gets to that point, which is probably what you wanted anyway.
Pretty sure if any of this were in any way common, guys would have experienced it already and you wouldn't have to be explaining any of this.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-20-2018 at 07:13 AM..

Old 02-20-2018, 05:00 AM

224 posts, read 228,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Pretty sure if any of this were in any way common, guys would have experienced it already and you wouldn't have to be explaining any of this.
Most (hetero) guys are born with rose-colored glasses for women who happen to be physically attractive and/or flirtatious, and are more than content with the mere opportunity to allow such a woman to walk all over them and take advantage of them by placing said woman up on a pedestal and kowtowing to the woman's beck and call (out of fear of rejection) before, during, and after said Mod cut. commences in a relationship...Which implies that Mod cut. testing isn't only limited to instances when women feel ignored during the flirting period, but can (and almost always does) occur far into the dating period and marriage:

These reaction tests can include "dominance" tests (such as in the previous example of a female coworker taking the male coworker's work seat and awaiting a reaction), "loyalty" tests (such as a girlfriend asking a boyfriend what he thinks of a particular attractive woman who was just seen walking by, or when a girlfriend obviously and openly flirts with another man in the boyfriend's presence to see how much the boyfriend cares for her (the infamous double-Mod cut. test which also gauges whether or not you can live up to her white knight fantasy)), "Finding the ATM password" tests (such as ordering the lobster on an early date and seeing whether he has a problem with it), etc etc. Such tests occur incredibly often to men, but those rose-colored glasses are also incredibly strong, preventing the tests from being seen unless they've taken the glasses off.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-20-2018 at 07:16 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:16 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,921,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by not enough View Post
It seems like the only way I would ever get a relationship is to get with a woman I'm not attracted to and let her walk all over me.
I've had good/great relationships with intelligent, kind and attractive women.
I've never had a bad relationship - because if it was turning bad, I quickly got out of it, or fixed whatever the problem was.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Women are terrible and scary and all you guys should just stay the hell away from them. Run! In the meantime, I'll throw myself on as many grenades as possible to keep you guys safe.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:55 AM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times
“Why are girls so scared to even talk to a man?”

Do you ever watch the news?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships