Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2017, 08:12 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I responded to a post where you called my name out in
Yes, but that was in a broader context I was covering in a series of posts, which was consistent with what I've posted to you before, in other threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 08:13 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes, but that was in a broader context I was covering in a series of posts, which was consistent with what I've posted to you before, in other threads.
You also are the only women in here with this mindset..the others are saying you should only approach women in your league so maybe you're the outlier not the norm with your thinking.

Old 10-16-2017, 08:19 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Don't approach strangers who will immediately assess you on outward appearance.

Get into groups or go to places where conversation happens naturally, and do this regularly until you form a social circle of men and women around things you are interested in. Have fun. Be yourself. Try new things. One day you will discover that people like you, and you will know why. And on another day you will realize one of your female acquaintances is showing interest, and you can ask her out.

It takes time, but you need to be comfortable in your skin before anything will happen for you.
This. This is how it's done. This goes for you, too, JBT.

Old 10-16-2017, 08:20 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
You also are the only women in here with this mindset..the others are saying you should only approach women in your league so maybe you're the outlier not the norm with your thinking.
You shouldn't ONLY approach women in your league. I don't even believe in leagues. I believe there is an element to attraction that is very mysterious and unpredictable.

However ...

The thing that is absolutely true about seeking out dates is that you MUST have an accurate grasp of your own appearance.

Many people think they are more attractive than they are. It's easy to do. What people don't understand is that MANY factors make us attractive. Not JUST appearance. If you're ugly and you walk around subconsciously broadcasting that to others, you'll never stand a chance.

Old 10-16-2017, 08:34 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
Women might not technically approach usually but they quite often show signs that they want you to talk to them. If you're too scared to, that's on you.

Women don't want approached just because you think they're hot for the most part. Now if you want to make a case some women are bad at flirting and looking approachable that would be a different discussion and is valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You shouldn't ONLY approach women in your league. I don't even believe in leagues. I believe there is an element to attraction that is very mysterious and unpredictable.

However ...

What people don't understand is that MANY factors make us attractive. Not JUST appearance. If you're ugly and you walk around subconsciously broadcasting that to others, you'll never stand a chance.
Can't disagree with any of that.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 10-16-2017 at 08:45 PM..

Old 10-16-2017, 09:11 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,621,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
Um, I honestly think that the OP missed that memo a loonnngg time ago. But, IF a woman finally DOES approach him and DOES try to strike up a convo with him (and that's a big "if"), he's gonna next her because he's gonna think she's "too forward and too aggressive" (read: a ho). With damaged guys like that, a woman can't ever win.

Don'tcha know? We're not considered to be 'people' by a lot of these types of guys, much less a human being that has wants, fears and consent capability...we're only an empty vessel for them to use as they please.
Exactly. Women who don't approach are sexual objects, women who are too aggressive also are, etc. It gets scary when these sorts of men dehumanize women for these reasons...then you don't know what they are capable of. So I'm hoping OP really thinks about that and what characterizing women that way sounds like.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:47 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
First and foremost, girls should not be talking to men; women should.

My questions is this? Why do you date women who are scared to talk to men? Because not all women are like that.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-17-2017, 05:31 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This. This is how it's done. This goes for you, too, JBT.

I don't see how this is done for any of the couples I know, except for one perhaps, where they started as roommates. The long term couples I know didn't meet at activities, or classes, or meet ups, or civic organizations, they met, had chemistry right then and there, and went with it. Social circles are great, people need friends, but I've not seen them lead to relationships as an adult (teens/20 somethings kids are something different).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

Many people think they are more attractive than they are. It's easy to do. What people don't understand is that MANY factors make us attractive. Not JUST appearance. If you're ugly and you walk around subconsciously broadcasting that to others, you'll never stand a chance.

This is absolutely true. And the times I blew it with women that were physically (physical looks only) much much muuuuch better looking than I am (not hard), it was because my own insecurities scuttled things.

Old 10-17-2017, 06:12 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Exactly. Women who don't approach are sexual objects, women who are too aggressive also are, etc. It gets scary when these sorts of men dehumanize women for these reasons...then you don't know what they are capable of. So I'm hoping OP really thinks about that and what characterizing women that way sounds like.
Is not feeling a woman enough to date her because she approached really along the same line as dehumanizing? I think not. I respect women just if you approach me, it will freak me the out enough not to date you, bottom line.

Old 10-17-2017, 07:10 AM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screami View Post
So because I'm not an attacrive guy women wouldn't approach but I would have a better chance if I did the approaching? Sorry but that hasn't worked.
The only thing you can do is keep trying. Waiting on women to approach is futile. It happens once in blue moon for most men and the "approach" is usually ambiguous enough that the guy may not even be sure it was an approach. The men that understand what's happening are usually already good at understanding a woman's cues, and probably are relatively successful in the dating game. The rich get richer, so to speak.

Unfortunately, none of us knows what you look like when trying to approach a woman. It's possible you have excellent skills but just live in an area where the ladies aren't receptive. It's also possible that you have zero game at all. Having a crappy approach with 1 woman or 10,000 women will likely result in the same thing....for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships