Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 07:26 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,118,733 times

Advertisements

Give me clingy any day, at least they would be showing that they want/need to be with me, most women who call themselves independent tended to treat me like I was just something they penciled in to their "to do" list that has no more value to them than everything else on said list.

Most women seem to confuse the word independent with selfish or uncaring of her SO's feelings.

I would much rather be emotionally needed than merely wanted, want is waaaaaay to subject to change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 07:46 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,999,675 times
A woman can be independent and clingy......

I'd rather have someone that's excited to see me rather than a woman that is bothered by me sending a text or call.

Old 10-14-2017, 07:56 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,177,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
...most women who call themselves independent tended to treat me like I was just something they penciled in to their "to do" list that has no more value to them than everything else on said list...Most women seem to confuse the word independent with selfish or uncaring of her SO's feelings.
Yeah - pretty much this.
newsflash - it IS possible to be independent (i.e. have your own life) as well as show your love for someone - the two are not mutually exclusive

Old 10-14-2017, 09:23 PM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Independent and caring.
Clingy people are insecure and dysfunctional. They seek constant reassurance, emotional support, and closeness. They fear becoming abandoned, and constantly scan their relationships for signs of impending rejection by partners, seeing even relatively innocent events as posing an existential threat amid constant worry that their partners will dump them.
Extremely tiring for a partner.

Old 10-15-2017, 03:07 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,118,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Independent and caring.
Clingy people are insecure and dysfunctional. They seek constant reassurance, emotional support, and closeness. They fear becoming abandoned, and constantly scan their relationships for signs of impending rejection by partners, seeing even relatively innocent events as posing an existential threat amid constant worry that their partners will dump them.
Extremely tiring for a partner.
If you are treating your partner in a way that leaves no doubt then they would not need reassurance, as every thing you do would be assuring them of your feelings towards them. it's small rejections that cause some to fear permanent rejection. if there is nothing they can point to that is a potential issue you have taken that ammo away.

Problem is too many people want to be in a relationship and still behave as if they are single. or treat their SO's as mere options as opposed to priorities.

Old 10-15-2017, 03:23 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,635,022 times
Why are you asking this question? Are you clingy but thinking you should try to be more independent? Are you independent but thinking you should try to be more clingy?

Old 10-15-2017, 06:26 AM

639 posts, read 376,256 times
More independent. I do my thing. They do theirs. Get together for booty calls and some alone time. wash and repeat.

Old 10-15-2017, 07:29 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,945 times
I don't mind if she's clingy some if she's too independent and aloof it makes me wonder what the point of me is.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:06 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
If you are treating your partner in a way that leaves no doubt then they would not need reassurance, as every thing you do would be assuring them of your feelings towards them. it's small rejections that cause some to fear permanent rejection. if there is nothing they can point to that is a potential issue you have taken that ammo away.

Problem is too many people want to be in a relationship and still behave as if they are single. or treat their SO's as mere options as opposed to priorities.
What's with that picture??? Lawd.

Old 10-15-2017, 11:08 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,249,582 times
I want her to be a retired RN, and deduce that by the mere facts that because she met the criteria to be an RN and performed in that role, she would necessarily be independent. No?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships