Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 08:58 AM

651 posts, read 407,516 times

Advertisements

Somewhere in between. Clingy is bad, but someone who is so independent to a point where them being with you adds absolutely no value to their life also sucks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2017, 10:08 AM

48,513 posts, read 34,800,001 times
I think most people want someone who falls in the middle of extremes. Rarely is it so black and white.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-17-2017, 11:36 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I think most people want someone who falls in the middle of extremes. Rarely is it so black and white.
Pretty much this.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:46 AM

37 posts, read 21,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant17 View Post
What weirdo wants a clingy woman?
Me

Old 10-17-2017, 12:15 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,242,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
I have thoughts, I make artwork based on those thoughts and sometimes make memes from them.
That's nice hobby & all but if you want to date...NEVER show those to anyone. Like. Never.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:36 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
That's nice hobby & all but if you want to date...NEVER show those to anyone. Like. Never.

Trooooth

Old 10-17-2017, 01:32 PM

651 posts, read 407,516 times
Oh, and uhh.. "Men and women" is the preferred nomenclature on CD, as opposed to "Males and Females". This is not a biology class, yanno

Old 10-17-2017, 01:33 PM

20,354 posts, read 14,632,606 times
This reminds me of that saying, "Anyone who is driving faster than me is a maniac, and anyone who is driving slower than me is an idiot." I suspect that most respondents who have an answer to this question, are projecting, and that's not necessarily a bad thing, it just is. I think that healthy is somewhere in the middle...someone who is capable of standing on their own and doesn't base their entire identity around their relationship to you, yet enjoys your company in ways that don't leave you doubting or questioning that they do. Someone who is with you because they WANT to be, not because they HAVE to be. I don't want to hear anyone say to me ever again, "I can't live without you." Someone who wants a very clingy partner, probably thinks it is perfectly fine and normal in relationships to cling tightly to a partner, themselves. Or expect that partner to help define them and give their life meaning. Someone who wants a completely independent partner is probably very independent, and may also be emotionally unavailable or at least not interested in serious commitments.

The key is in being honest with yourself about who you are and what you need, and being honest with any possible partner and accepting if this isn't something they can do. If a clinger tries to date an indie, they're gonna get hurt. You need to be on at least close to the same page...

Old 10-17-2017, 03:09 PM

728 posts, read 471,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountains-and-lakes View Post
Me
So you want a woman that knows where you are every minute of every day? Who must go with you everywhere but work? Not me, I don't want to be suffocated.

Old 10-17-2017, 03:13 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,228,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant17 View Post
So you want a woman that knows where you are every minute of every day? Who must go with you everywhere but work? Not me, I don't want to be suffocated.
Exactly. I know a couple where the wife literally sat on his lap every moment possible. I get the honeymoon stage but jeez, give the guy some room. It was to the point where he couldn't go anywhere without her.

That marriage lasted less than 8 years.

H knows he's got it good. I don't believe in smothering and being clingy/jealous takes up too much energy. I'd rather put that energy to good use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships