Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 11:44 PM

2 posts, read 1,234 times

Advertisements

Basically my girlfriend ended our 10 month long relationship over how fast we should advance our relationship. She wanted to move in and get married sooner than I did. Both of us had previously been married w/ kids and our marriages ended just the year prior. I didn't know she was preparing to end things over this but I guess she was mentally checking out. Once she did I came back to her and tried to work with her on resolving this and coming to a compromise (yes..pretty much chasing).

Over the past month or so after the breakup she kept me on a string, pulling me in like she missed me only to push me away again. At one point I told her I couldn't do this anymore, I didn't appreciate being strung along and that I wouldn't be friends with her either. Shortly after this conversation she came back and told me she wanted to really sit down and discuss things. So we sat down and talked about trying the relationship again, albeit slowly and possibly moving in again the following summer. I thought this was a productive meeting, it was essentially that she needed some time and space but that we would try again.

Several weeks later after giving her some space she called and told me that she didn't want this anymore and told me its best we don't talk anymore. Bottom line is I later found out that while she was telling me she wanted to try again with me that she was actually starting a relationship with someone else and once that took off she cut me loose.

I know technically this is not cheating but it did break my heart. It's been four months later now and I heard her and that boyfriend broke up. My question is if she comes back again would anyone consider taking her back if they were in my position? I do still love her and am on the fence if that situation would come up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 12:01 AM

1,658 posts, read 1,256,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm5423 View Post
My question is if she comes back again would anyone consider taking her back if they were in my position?
No, I wouldn't, because that person would've killed whatever feelings I had for them by doing this:

Quote:
Bottom line is I later found out that while she was telling me she wanted to try again with me that she was actually starting a relationship with someone else and once that took off she cut me loose.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:02 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
I would not.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:07 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Whats going happen differently if she did come running back into your arms? Most likely nothing and you're back to square one with her.

Id move on if I were you.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:07 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
IDK...you love her. Are you ready to get married again? Seems that's her plan.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:46 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:

Several weeks later after giving her some space she called and told me that she didn't want this anymore and told me its best we don't talk anymore. Bottom line is I later found out that while she was telling me she wanted to try again with me that she was actually starting a relationship with someone else and once that took off she cut me loose.

I know technically this is not cheating but it did break my heart. It's been four months later now and I heard her and that boyfriend broke up. My question is if she comes back again would anyone consider taking her back if they were in my position? I do still love her and am on the fence if that situation would come up.
Absolutely ****ing not!

Old 10-16-2017, 03:10 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
It sounds to me from what you have said, that she is gone.

Work on your heartbreak, not getting her back.

I do know how hard this can be. But the last time I was in your position, I met the woman who is now my wife.

Old 10-16-2017, 07:59 AM

2,194 posts, read 1,140,087 times
Probably not. She sounds pretty flaky. Also, only 10 months into your relationship and less than 2 years removed from a marriage, she freaks out because you're not ready to get married yet? I don't see how I would be ready to get married again if I were in her shoes, let alone freak out because you're not. Just speculating, but it seems as if she either a) has trouble being alone, or b) needs a partner for the financial stability. I don't think you need this drama.

Old 10-16-2017, 08:14 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
No, no, hell No! The quick want for marriage is a massive red flag.

Old 10-16-2017, 08:19 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
No way. I would block her from contacting you, honestly.

Her back-and-forth behavior sounds to me like she's afraid to let people go who are "good enough" but she's not in love with them to last the long haul.

You'd only be setting yourself up for extended heartache with her. Move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships