Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 02:43 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,233,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
THIS! If you want to see the world, and your date, without looking through beer- or wine-colored glasses, don't involve alcohol in the date. Who knows if she'll be that attractive to you, when you're not under the influence to some extent?
Or if he'll be that attractive to her
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 04:08 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,152,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Honestly, you hardly know this woman, though it is possible that you're having a middle-aged Before Sunrise moment.
Repped you just for this reference!!

Old 10-24-2017, 06:38 PM

172 posts, read 186,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I agree! He is acting more like he is 15 than 51 lol

Who doesn't know how to act around a woman you just met at his age? lol
It’s easy for a coward like you to attack someone in need who has revealed their struggle.

You are far worse than any 15 year old kid, you sit behind your computer typing mean things to a person in need.

I am far more better than you, because I have the heart to admit I am
Wrong. You are a coward!!!

Old 10-24-2017, 06:47 PM

1,491 posts, read 379,256 times
^^^^ I agree with you. You got attacked a lot for this post, but just let it go and try to take some of the good advice people gave. It’s simple to be a friend to someone. Just be yourself, have fun, make her laugh, and listen to her. She should do the same in return. After a while, it becomes easy and natural. You won’t feel it a struggle to look for things to talk about or do.

Good luck to you, and I’m glad you were brave enough to post your feelings, and the truth!

Old 10-24-2017, 07:09 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,359,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
You just met her. If I were this woman I would think you are nuts. Especially if you keep talking like this and about having sex. Get a grip. You are old enough to know better.
Yep, red flags waving.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverEden View Post
^^^^ I agree with you. You got attacked a lot for this post, but just let it go and try to take some of the good advice people gave. It’s simple to be a friend to someone. Just be yourself, have fun, make her laugh, and listen to her. She should do the same in return. After a while, it becomes easy and natural. You won’t feel it a struggle to look for things to talk about or do.

Good luck to you, and I’m glad you were brave enough to post your feelings, and the truth!

I just spoke to her and there is a lot more going on than i knew about.

1. when i met her she was at a bar downtown Chicago drinking and she wanted me to join her.
when i joined her she seemed like she wanted true companionship and she was very affectionate with me.

In getting to know her she I found out she has been married twice and her last divorce was ugly she says.

She owns buildings all around the bay area and its stressful and she is not getting any help from her 21 year old boy who just drains her for cash.

She told me she struggles with anxiety and can't handle pressure.

But now when I look at the past weekend she was drinking very heavy and was very touchy with me and wanted to me to sort of be close to her when ever we were together.

So i think what I did was normal for any man who was empathetic and caring.

she is trying to drink her problems away and I offered her advice like meditation, etc.

So i did offer friendship, I just think i was trying to protect her and save her which she is not ready for at this point.

She has stuff going on and I got caught in the line of fire and did what any decent person would do - offer comfort.

As for people on here giving me a hard time. I wanted it and appreciate the hard tough advice.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
Yep, red flags waving.
Nope aint going for it. She found me and she was the one that was touchy feely from the start. Her issue was not sex, it was starting a relationship long distance.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:30 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,083,430 times
So...she was on a dating app but isn't looking for anything serious or long term?

She's lying to you or lying to herself.

Or both.

OK.

Never mind that stuff 'cuz we can all get a bit weird, especially after a divorce. She gets a free pass on weirdness.

For now.

I'd suggest to keep the lines of communication open, and you're going to be in her neck of the woods anyway...in about a month.

Let her know your schedule and she if she bites on her own turf. Let the chips fall where they may.....

Old 10-24-2017, 08:37 PM

1,491 posts, read 379,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurebeachguy View Post
I just spoke to her and there is a lot more going on than i knew about.

1. when i met her she was at a bar downtown Chicago drinking and she wanted me to join her.
when i joined her she seemed like she wanted true companionship and she was very affectionate with me.

In getting to know her she I found out she has been married twice and her last divorce was ugly she says.

She owns buildings all around the bay area and its stressful and she is not getting any help from her 21 year old boy who just drains her for cash.

She told me she struggles with anxiety and can't handle pressure.

But now when I look at the past weekend she was drinking very heavy and was very touchy with me and wanted to me to sort of be close to her when ever we were together.

So i think what I did was normal for any man who was empathetic and caring.

she is trying to drink her problems away and I offered her advice like meditation, etc.

So i did offer friendship, I just think i was trying to protect her and save her which she is not ready for at this point.

She has stuff going on and I got caught in the line of fire and did what any decent person would do - offer comfort.

As for people on here giving me a hard time. I wanted it and appreciate the hard tough advice.
Well then she may have a drinking problem, and furthermore, you have to ask yourself if you want a relationship in which you need to “save” someone.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverEden View Post
Well then she may have a drinking problem, and furthermore, you have to ask yourself if you want a relationship in which you need to “save” someone.
She was so sweet and giving...

I could see she was in need and she just wanted a companion for the weekend.

But all those months we were together holding hands, hugging and giving each other affection made me want it to never stop.

But she has anxiety issues and I bet everyday we were together she grew more and more anxious about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships