Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 12:02 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,657,460 times

Advertisements

Seems like you're being overly analytical about a relationship. You want his five year plan like it's some kind of work project you were handed. I think he's hung up on the distance and the fact that long term relationships don't work. Talk to him about it, be direct and ask him outright. At least then you'd know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 01:53 PM

1,178 posts, read 685,041 times
Many dates. 25+.

Thanks I'm just going to ask him.

I personally don't really consider this LDR. It's under three hours.

Old 10-25-2017, 02:03 PM

1,257 posts, read 887,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inacitysomewhere View Post
Many dates. 25+.

Thanks I'm just going to ask him.

I personally don't really consider this LDR. It's under three hours.
Less than a month’s worth of dates.

My husband proposed at 6 months, everyone is different ... but you said you’re tossed between two guys. If things don’t feel like they are leading anywhere with this one, I’d listen to my gut. JMO

Old 10-25-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernProper View Post
Less than a month’s worth of dates.

My husband proposed at 6 months, everyone is different ... but you said you’re tossed between two guys. If things don’t feel like they are leading anywhere with this one, I’d listen to my gut. JMO
25 dates in a month? I cant even fit that in if the guy lived next door, that's almost every day! This has taken longer. It actually does feel that way to me. I think it has a lot of potential. But I want to know his intentions. He is a man of few words.

Old 10-25-2017, 02:43 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
I would consider 2.5-3 hrs long distance , for sure, but this is a bit dependent on how rural a place you live.

Old 10-25-2017, 02:45 PM

4,413 posts, read 3,467,298 times
I think he was trying to ascertain whether you are willing to relocate at some point in the future. I sense it was a leading question that went nowhere.

Old 10-25-2017, 02:48 PM

1,257 posts, read 887,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inacitysomewhere View Post
25 dates in a month? I cant even fit that in if the guy lived next door, that's almost every day! This has taken longer. It actually does feel that way to me. I think it has a lot of potential. But I want to know his intentions. He is a man of few words.
But it’s still less than a month’s worth when you break it down by days.

You didn’t say how long you’ve been seeing him, so 25+ dates over how many months?

And ... are you dating each other exclusively?

Those bits of information would be helpful.

Old 10-25-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
I think he was trying to ascertain whether you are willing to relocate at some point in the future. I sense it was a leading question that went nowhere.
I've already told him I am.

Old 10-25-2017, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernProper View Post
But it’s still less than a month’s worth when you break it down by days.

You didn’t say how long you’ve been seeing him, so 25+ dates over how many months?

And ... are you dating each other exclusively?

Those bits of information would be helpful.
We haven't discussed exclusivity. I have been out with other people. Don't know if he has. Right now I would say there are two men that stand out for their character and I am trying to narrow it down. He is one of them.

Awhile, several months. I get that it's less than a months worth but most people on here seem to think you "should" be exclusive much sooner. I'm actually not one of them, so the pace is okay, but I'm trying to ascertain if I want to keep putting time in or focus more on the other guy. I'd say I care a lot about him and would like to know where I stand.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:04 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I would consider 2.5-3 hrs long distance , for sure, but this is a bit dependent on how rural a place you live.
I agree.

If you can't drop by, it's long distance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships