Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 05:22 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

My experience in just looking around me and anecdotally speaking is that women tend to be more forgiving of a mans looks than the other way around. Not saying women don't place a value on them, but I'd say it's more important to men overall than women. Women in my experience will take men that aren't super studs if they have other things going on for them.

Old 10-25-2017, 05:34 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,695 times
I get a little upset that women get upset about men (calling them misogynistic) wanting women to change some things they can (although, I got to like a woman as is for something to grow, that's how it should be), yet women can say a man need to be 6'4" with a 8 inch dong (and the women who say this usually look like Danny DeVito's rendition of The Penguin) and that's just "how it is". To be fair, the majority of people I come across are not this unreasonable.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:38 PM

710 posts, read 584,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
I get a little upset that women get upset about men (calling them misogynistic) wanting women to change some things they can (although, I got to like a woman as is for something to grow, that's how it should be), yet women can say a man need to be 6'4" with a 8 inch dong (and the women who say this usually look like Danny DeVito's rendition of The Penguin) and that's just "how it is". To be fair, the majority of people I come across are not this unreasonable.
I agree. It also seems like it’s more socially acceptable for women to turn men down for certain things than vice versa. For example, if a man doesn’t like overweight or “curvy” women then he’s a shallow jerk that has an unrealistic standard. I’ve seen so many pictures online about how “real men like curves and only dogs go for bones” and other nonsense like that. I don’t think I’ve ever seen women be shamed for liking tall men or good looking men.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:49 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

Most guys even picky ones are ok with a woman that gets the job done.
Exactly. Someone who gets the job done. Utilitarian. Because men look for Ms. Good-Enough-for-Now, and they'll keep her until Ms. Slightly Better comes along. Women, on the other hand, look for Mr. Right-For-The Long-Term. Quality over quantity.

I personally am not the slightest bit interested in getting involved (even if only sexually) with many different guys before I finally find the one I'd like to form a LTR with.

Old 10-25-2017, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Exactly. Someone who gets the job done. Utilitarian. Because men look for Ms. Good-Enough-for-Now, and they'll keep her until Ms. Slightly Better comes along. Women, on the other hand, look for Mr. Right-For-The Long-Term. Quality over quantity.

I personally am not the slightest bit interested in getting involved (even if only sexually) with many different guys before I finally find the one I'd like to form a LTR with.
That's cool and, biologically that is expected. See a man can shoot like 50,000 ...sperm (well I got censured last time I used certain words, so I have to use medical words). A woman has like 300 ...eggs, total for her whole life! The estrogen and other chemicals make female brains desire less total average men but, desire Chris Evans or Michael Jai White super hard; Quality over Quantity. Men on the other hand can put up with plain jane Gwyneth Paltrows or Ricki Lakes if we have like 20 of them; Quantity over Quality.

The ideal is to be in a couple where the 2 are so in love with eachother they don't even notice other people cuz' they still wanna hang out at comicon together l, go on dates and, thirsty for eachother to get a quickie in while the kids are still watching Sprout. Sadly, something similar does not happen for a lot of people.

Old 10-25-2017, 07:54 PM

617 posts, read 1,202,509 times
I think it's less that woman are more shallow or harsh on men's looks, and more that there's actually lot more that can actually go wrong with a man's looks. Shorter than ideal, receding (or worse) hairline, weak jawline/ narrow mandible, recessed chin, recessed midface, canthal tilt too negative, visible sclera, small frame, and so on. One will have to look very hard for a man that's not glaringly impacted by one or more of these.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:13 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I think all individuals are different, and these studies prove nothing, except this was the truth for these 2000 people.

Plenty of studies say different.

I would not let any of this stuff affect my view or how I interact with the opposite sex in any way.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-25-2017, 09:12 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Isn't this where we say "I want to be attracted to my partner"? And the men surveyed might have avoided mentioning looks to avoid seeming shallow, whereas a woman factoring in looks is more accepted and just a standard part of modern dating, as opposed to prioritizing a few essential traits deemed must-haves in the past, ignoring other traits that might also be important (e.g., "He might not be the best looking, but he comes from a good family and was 'raised right.' He'll be a good provider.")

Whereas looks have generally been a factor for men, in terms of dating and mating practices and norms. Youth, beauty, svelte body types (though I recognize there many men who prefer other body types), curves in the right places, etc.

I will say, I can't argue what the women in the survey list as one of their preferred physical traits. I'm a sucker for a nice smile and teeth.

Old 10-25-2017, 09:16 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
That's cool and, biologically that is expected. See a man can shoot like 50,000 ...sperm (well I got censured last time I used certain words, so I have to use medical words). A woman has like 300 ...eggs, total for her whole life! The estrogen and other chemicals make female brains desire less total average men but, desire Chris Evans or Michael Jai White super hard; Quality over Quantity. Men on the other hand can put up with plain jane Gwyneth Paltrows or Ricki Lakes if we have like 20 of them; Quantity over Quality.

The ideal is to be in a couple where the 2 are so in love with eachother they don't even notice other people cuz' they still wanna hang out at comicon together l, go on dates and, thirsty for eachother to get a quickie in while the kids are still watching Sprout. Sadly, something similar does not happen for a lot of people.
You reference Spawn? Chris Evans to Spawn? Lol. He's not quite the household name, so it was funny to see his name instead of Dwayne Johnson, Chadwick Boseman or Idris Elba.

Old 10-25-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
You reference Spawn? Chris Evans to Spawn? Lol. He's not quite the household name, so it was funny to see his name instead of Dwayne Johnson, Chadwick Boseman or Idris Elba.
I wasn't referrring to star power specifically, I wanted to reference the most cut Black Man that I had in mind.

AND NO IT'S NOT MICHAEL B. JORDAN AND HIS LAME ASS NO-CHIN. HE WILL NEVER BE ANTHONY MACKIE. EVER!!!1!!!ELEVEN!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships