Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 10:24 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,369,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
There's evidence that humans do find other humans with a partner, more attractive..
I firmly believe this. Lots of people also are reluctant to date a person who hasn't been engaged or married by a certain age. They think "if nobody else wanted them, I don't want them either". It's a shallow thought process, but it is there.

I've had a few friends, people I've known here and there, who could never be attracted to someone who was single. Never. They could only fall for someone that was already "Taken".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 10:24 PM

1,199 posts, read 730,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
tons of reasons.

1. Pretty women can be desperate, too
2. They don't know there is a wife
3. He makes false promises
4. He says him and wife are just "room mates" or stay together for the kids only
Lol and 75% of the reasons make it the man's fault.

Old 10-26-2017, 11:26 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_wuz_here View Post
Because this is a trait particular to women. Men simply don't care if other men like the same woman. It's not bad, it's just human nature. Just like men prefer the looks younger women.

Quote:
There's evidence that humans do find other humans with a partner, more attractive.
Quote:
We found that both men and women expressed more interest in engaging in a relationship with a potential mate if that mate was paired with an attractive partner.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2817731/

Old 10-27-2017, 12:35 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_wuz_here View Post
Because this is a trait particular to women. Men simply don't care if other men like the same woman. It's not bad, it's just human nature. Just like men prefer the looks younger women.
I'm an average guy with average looks and height, and I've never been shunned by women for not being around other women or not being a Casanova.

If this really is a reality, then I haven't encountered it.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Maybe that is the case with other guys (or not), but not for me.

Her being taken won't all of a sudden make me change her mind about her, lol. If I'm not into her, then I'm not into her.

Also, if this study really was a reality for ALL people, then nobody would ever have gotten or get into a relationship, lol.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Maybe that is the case with other guys (or not), but not for me.

Her being taken won't all of a sudden make me change her mind about her, lol. If I'm not into her, then I'm not into her.

Also, if this study really was a reality for ALL people, then nobody would ever have gotten or get into a relationship, lol.

People's lack of ability to understand simple concepts is worrisome.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:57 AM

Quote:

People's lack of ability to understand simple concepts is worrisome.
I understand what you're saying just fine, I just don't relate to it whatsoever (as do others I'm sure).

Old 10-27-2017, 01:07 AM

Quote:
I understand what you're saying just fine, I just don't relate to it whatsoever (as do others I'm sure).
Of course you do

That's why your post made sense whatsoever

Like this
Quote:

Old 10-27-2017, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Of course you do

That's why your post made sense whatsoever

Like this
Okay, now you're just going around in circles. No wonder a couple of posters have told me that they ended up putting you on their block list.

That comment basically said that if this study was universal, then no one would ever get into relationships since we all start(ed) out being single.

Old 10-27-2017, 04:24 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,177,249 times
All the suggested attributes for single guys on here...confident, relaxed, easy to talk to, not looking desperate...exist in many happily married men.
That makes them attractive.
The same applies to women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships