Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 10:11 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,796,896 times

Advertisements

Next time let her take the bus and just avoid all this controversy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 09:01 AM

3 posts, read 6,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelichan View Post
Pal, unless you are an actor on the movie screen,.. you'll never be a good husband. We can never measure up to a woman's unrealistic view that's warped by holly wierd.
That's why you are so clueless. Be single then.

By the way, if she really needed to go to ER, he should have gone with her and stop complaining. If she is hyperchondriac....(can't spell..haha), she needs therapy. She has "attention" problem. Either way, they need to talk what's wrong with them deeply.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:13 PM

111 posts, read 353,306 times
There are plenty of non-life threatening problems that still warrent trips to the ER. My father once dislocated his shoulder. Went to the ER. Was it life threatening? No. My mother once got a case of pnemonia so bad she ended up going to the ER and was admitted to the hospital for a few days. Someone being in the ER with something non-life threatening doesn't make them a jerk.
However, it would be rather rude to leave you SO alone in the ER without their consent. It just depends on the circumstances, too.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:39 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,564,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor_McCheese View Post
I forgot to mention that this was at 10pm at night. Not many doctors open that late. Also she said she thought she was having problems breathing. But I think that was from the coughing and sore throat.

Don't worry everyone, she returned the favor. I got sick 3 days later. Oh and by the way, I haven't been to the doctor for an illness since I used to go to the pediatrician.

Any actually she told me to go home and that it was pointless for me to be there. But I only went home to do number 2.

And, no, I'm not trolling
Now that we know what the trip was for . FOOD for thought! how would you have felt if the breathing had advanced and she STOPPED Breathing and died! and while you were doing # 2 the doctors were looking for you . So you could say goodby . Reason for this question follows : A FRIEND OF MINE'S WIFE HAD BEEN ILL FOR A LONG TIME but was able to do daily chores , her husband had to leave on a business trip for 1 day , the wife asked to be taken to hospital before he left she felt funny ( Thats all she would say) he droped her off and left on the trip. She said, she would call a friend to take her home. The following morning she died. Her friend "GOD" did in fact take her home .To this day he regrets putting his work before his wife of 44 yrs.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:42 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,126,107 times
Quote:
Is it being a jerk of a husband if you drop your wife off at the emergency room instead of going in with her if it's a non life threatening illness?

Keep in mind the I have taken my wife to the ER 3 other times in the past for non life threatening illness.

For those of you who have never been to the ER for non life threatening illness, its at least a 4 hour trip.
you must be related to my ex-----another compassionate man----i pity the woman involved with you

Old 12-30-2008, 12:12 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,841,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
My Husband even comes to the dentist with me
Does he hold your hand as the drilling starts?

Old 12-30-2008, 04:47 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,187,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
My wife drives herself to the ER. She doesn't leave a note or a voice mail. I'd rather take her & sit with her but she'd rather go by herself.
This is how I am. If I am capable of getting myself there, I'd rather not bother anyone else with the hellishly boring waiting around.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:54 AM

1,942 posts, read 8,479,503 times
I would always be there, emergency or not, for my spouse. It's called "peace of mind", for both parties involved.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:42 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,336,191 times
Quote:
I forgot to mention that this was at 10pm at night. Not many doctors open that late. Also she said she thought she was having problems breathing. But I think that was from the coughing and sore throat.

Don't worry everyone, she returned the favor. I got sick 3 days later. Oh and by the way, I haven't been to the doctor for an illness since I used to go to the pediatrician.

Any actually she told me to go home and that it was pointless for me to be there. But I only went home to do number 2.

And, no, I'm not trolling
Omg! I would not want you as a husband. I cannot believe what I am reading!!
My husband went to the ER with me when I first moved to where he was living *and didn't have a primary doc as of yet* (and of course after hours)so had to go to ER....He came with me and wouldn't have thought twice about it! He stayed with me for 4 hrs too!! I have to say you are very selfish..... I feel sorry for your wife. I cannot imagine my husband leaving me off at the front door of an ER and saying call me later lol~! WOW!
Trouble breathing? You didn't seem too concerned. Go back to yoru Xbox.
No one likes McCheese more than McCheese himself!

Old 12-30-2008, 07:17 AM

395 posts, read 1,285,274 times
If my husband is going to the ER, I would rather be with him than else where.

My friends Dad once complained that he was having head-ache for 3 days and had been surviving on Advil. On 4th day when the pain continued he goes to the doctor. While with the doctor he had a stroke and died on the spot. Nothing the doctors did could save him. A simple head-ache it was!

I will do everything possible to be at my husbands side. Is'nt this the time when the partner needs us the most?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships