Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2017, 05:43 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screami View Post
Is it too much to want a future partner with a similar history to mine? What's wrong with a virgin wanting another virgin regardless if they are threatened by someone's history or not?
There's nothing wrong with that.

But that means you should have nothing at all to say about women with experience.

Have a preference, but don't use that preference to insult people who don't fit into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 06:15 PM

212 posts, read 159,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
There's nothing wrong with that.

But that means you should have nothing at all to say about women with experience.

Have a preference, but don't use that preference to insult people who don't fit into it.
Women don't just say they wouldn't date a man with inexperience, it's usually followed by there must be something wrong with him or it's a red flag.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:30 PM

5,249 posts, read 3,606,858 times
Quote:
Women don't just say they wouldn't date a man with inexperience, it's usually followed by there must be something wrong with him or it's a red flag.
...and they are usually right except in the case of certain rigid religious groups, which is a whole other thing. I understand that there are people who don't have sex, or who don't drink alcohol, or who won't eat any animal products, or who don't listen to or consider other viewpoints (political or religious), etc....

I just can't imagine why they want to limit themselves so much in their lives.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:33 PM

Quote:
I agree that people should not shame each other for the choices they make.

That doesn't change the fact that people can have very messed up reasons for making those choices.

I personally believe that virginity as a status is so incredibly overblown. Everyone's circumstances and reasoning are different, and we all should just be happy to choose whether or not we would be with someone on a case-by-case basis.

Regardless, the way our society works, people generally reach certain milestones at certain times, so those who have not done that for whatever reason are viewed with more ... discernment.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:35 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,981,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
Virginity is necessary to be sure the child a woman is carrying, is her husband's. I know, it didn't make sense back in history, either.
As in Mary?

Old 11-06-2017, 06:41 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,081,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
...and they are usually right except in the case of certain rigid religious groups, which is a whole other thing. I understand that there are people who don't have sex, or who don't drink alcohol, or who won't eat any animal products, or who don't listen to or consider other viewpoints (political or religious), etc....

I just can't imagine why they want to limit themselves so much in their lives.

Oh totally not true. There is nothing wrong with someone just because they want to remain a virgin until they are married. Maybe there is something wrong with blindly following the herd, lol?

Just because a majority of people are doing something, that doesn't mean its the 'superior' thing to do.

I.ve met a couple of young men who were saving themselves for marriage. It wasn't for religious reasons either. They wanted to experience sex on the level of 'special'.

Are they right? Will it be 'special'? Probably. I don't think anyone can say they have ever had a better sex partner than someone they truly love.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:51 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,981,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post

I.ve met a couple of young men who were saving themselves for marriage. It wasn't for religious reasons either. They wanted to experience sex on the level of 'special'.
That's fine in principle but where exactly are they going to find a virgin bride?
They narrow their selection down so much. In the end they might have to compromise compatibility just for sex. And after a week or two the novelty wears off anyway.

I've been in bed with six virgins. Trust me - an experienced girl is far preferable!

Just for starters, there is no such thing as sex after the second or third date.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:55 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,335,831 times
I find, most (not all) older virgins not saving themselves for religious reasons dislike the opposite sex. Just an observation.

Old 11-06-2017, 07:02 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,081,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
That's fine in principle but where exactly are they going to find a virgin bride?
They narrow their selection down so much. In the end they might have to compromise compatibility just for sex. And after a week or two the novelty wears off anyway.

I've been in bed with six virgins. Trust me - an experienced girl is far preferable!

Just for starters, there is no such thing as sex after the second or third date.
Well, probably not at the local night club, lol. Were you in love with any of the six virgins? Were you even looking for love? Somehow...I doubt it.

Believe it or not, there are still some women in the world who think more highly of themselves than just to use their body as an amusement park, lol.

If you feel the majority of the female herd you have encountered gives themselves away easily, consider yourself lucky. It seems like that is the easily dismissed experience you are looking for.

Old 11-06-2017, 07:08 PM

I get the impression that some people believe everything sexual is mutually exclusive, like no virgins can understand love or that all people with experience are throwaways.

It's not that black and white, y'all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships