Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 03:52 PM

2,669 posts, read 2,091,516 times

Advertisements

Therapy is not for everyone and would not help everyone; it is not magic. But you should by all means try if you have decent insurance or can afford to pay their ridiculous fees.

But if not therapy, don't you have female friends you can talk you? Some other role models, perhaps in a church or other religious organization...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2017, 03:59 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Obviously you have issues but seems that now you have a chance to try to rise above them since this guy appears to want to see you for more than just a booty call.
Be brave and give it a shot?
Can I add that I talked to my kids once when they were almost adults and let them know I recognize that parents can affect a kids outlook on life but...once they are aware of that, it's time to stop putting the onus on them and time to do what they need to do to control their own lives.
"I" won't hold myself responsible for them forever once they become aware.

Old 10-30-2017, 04:01 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Obviously you have issues but seems that now you have a chance to try to rise above them since this guy appears to want to see you for more than just a booty call.
Be brave and give it a shot?
My thoughts too.

Old 10-30-2017, 04:05 PM

61,706 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10bod0confidence View Post
I'll give you an example::
I met a guy, sweet, handsome, gentle, overall perfect. He showed interest. I convinced myself that someone like him could never TRULY be interested in someone like me. When he asked to see me again, I was convinced he was only looking for sex, when he asked he to stay for breakfast I drove away. I just can't stop running!!!

I saw him recently, late night after he'd been at the bar, (I've turned down lunch dates before when I was sure he was only offering to see me in daylight out of curtesy and has since stopped asking), we had sex and he fell asleep. I left.
The next day he asked me why I did that but the truth is that it seemed to me like the right thing to do- I didn't want to bother him. Does that make sense to anyone???
You see, you left because "it seemed to you like the right thing to do - you didn't want to bother him."
You panicked sort of, I understand, but you could leave him a lovely note with an excuse (you need to work on something early in the morning, or be somewhere...), but you had a great time and would love to see him again.
Then go from there and see if he would contact you again.

You had a good time, this guy seemed to be interested to see you, you liked him - so why did you end it in such rude way?

Old 10-30-2017, 07:00 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,449,916 times
Why did you end it in such a rude way?

You know you’re attractive. You think he likes you. You refuse lunch dates. You go home with him only when he’s been drinking. Were you also a little drunk?

Here’s the deal: you’re a grown woman and don’t mind having sex. You probably enjoy it. He does too. What’s the problem here? You’re big enough to figure out what he wants after a few times together. If you think he’s shallow, move on. If he wants to spend time with you, continue. Are you trying some bizarre test on him?

You don’t have to be a mess. Try communicating. Express affection and see where it goes. Baby steps. You can be in control of the process. Only give a little at a time. Pay attention to the results.

Old 11-01-2017, 02:47 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
You seem to be aware of the issue: you don't feel good enough. But there may be a lot of fear underneth this. If so, deal with that first. It may also be the case that your insecurity about yourself is a cover-up for much deeper feelings and experiences.

Old 11-01-2017, 06:47 AM

212 posts, read 162,276 times
You two do not have a future together. You both have immature views on dating and relationships, combined with identifying a possible pattern and refusing to be held accountable, using alcohol as an excuse for poor choices and focused on the outside instead of looking within.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:18 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yeah, that's why I think a professional counselor would be most beneficial to you.

There are a LOT of things to unpack here, and the threads can really get out of hand because it sometimes feels like standing on a street corner and just getting comments on your personal life from anyone who walks by.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
So now that you are allegedly an adult who can in theory make your own choices it is *your parents* fault?
Seek therapy soon.
Case in point.

Yes, OP. Talk to someone who is trained to counsel on emotional issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships