Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2017, 11:50 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordsmith12 View Post
And lying is OK?
It's as bad as pestering someone to do what they don't want to do.

So, you're both in the wrong. Now what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 11:52 AM

1,078 posts, read 938,011 times
The follow through is a good point and you can definitely bring that up to her. Follow through on things discussed is important and a very fair thing to talk a out with your spouse. That’s a little different than what you were getting at in previous posts though

Last edited by Schmooky; 11-03-2017 at 12:29 PM..

Old 11-03-2017, 11:53 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
And lying is OK?
OK, so now you're saying you're married to a liar. We'll add that to the list of her qualities you're unhappy with.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:59 AM

1,381 posts, read 1,774,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OK, so now you're saying you're married to a liar. We'll add that to the list of her qualities you're unhappy with.

Ruth, you might as well call me the devil, because no matter what I say, you're going to argue that I'm wrong.

Old 11-03-2017, 12:40 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Ruth, you might as well call me the devil, because no matter what I say, you're going to argue that I'm wrong.
This ^^^ isn't fair. Ruth has asked some good clarifying questions, and she's right. Now you're getting defensive and throwing back at us the idea that your wife is lying to you. Your last few replies have just been petulant.

The ugly truth is that none of us who are in relationships with other people are blameless angels in the equation. We ALL have fault, a fact that you were on board with admitting at the beginning of this thread:

Quote:
I encourage her to be upfront about anything she thinks I should work on. Fair is fair.
...when "what you should work on" was on your preapproved list I guess.

Now that it is being suggested that you 1) just are not happy even though you keep claiming to be and 2) that you DO hold some of the blame for your current circumstances, you don't appear to be OK with that suggestion.

So let's cut the crap. We all know (and have known) that you have more than an academic curiosity about these topics. Do YOU get that now? It's OK. A lot of us have been there. I hope you do get it, because it is the first step toward being actually happy with your circumstances.

Old 11-03-2017, 12:41 PM

35,070 posts, read 31,293,790 times
You are finding scenario after scenario where she is not meeting your expectations. If you're that dissatisfied, leave.

Old 11-03-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
The ugly truth is that none of us who are in relationships with other people are blameless angels in the equation. We ALL have fault
Took you a while to say this. Yes, I know you have your own dirty laundry, but I won't go there.

Old 11-03-2017, 12:52 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
Quote:
As for me, I tell her I have many goals:
- Getting a better position in my company or elsewhere
- Continuing to make money on my blog, and building a more robust one
- Perhaps getting a master's
- Learning to play the guitar
- Learning the piano

?
Then go out and do these things.

I have a hunch that you might not be able to even attract the type of successful, ambitious female that you're looking for.

Old 11-03-2017, 12:53 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Took you a while to say this. Yes, I know you have your own dirty laundry, but I won't go there.
Wow, you are really in a bad mood today. I thought you were too smart to resort to personal attacks on people who are trying to help.

Look, I didn't even want to comment on your thread because you and I have DM'd endlessly about your situation. But I saw it derailing and thought I would try to help ... again. If you still aren't open to help, I will gladly move on to other threads.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
But I saw it derailing and thought I would try to help ... again. If you still aren't open to help, I will gladly move on to other threads.
Sometimes that "help" comes across as reprimanding.

I accept constructive criticism, but at times I feel like I'm being bashed more than anything else. Look at what PriscillaVanilla said above for a good example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships