Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 04:31 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,596,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I don't know why I'm submitting to this interrogation but here.

- Arrive Thurs night. We're supposed to hit a party. I bought my ticket a week prior she never completed her purchase for the ticket, the party gets sold out. She can't go, I go party hard. Get back to my hotel around 2 we cuddle for an hour but too tired for sex.

- Friday she is busy all day the show comes. we got tickets in diff sections. We meet up with friends after the show. She gets called home due to her mother not handling business, she takes forever and then I fall asleep aftet wasting time I could have spent hanging with other friends who were in town for the show who I don't get to see often.

- Sat morning we are supposed to eat breakfast together before I drive to Indiana to visit my mother. She gets called into work. That one I understand but I'm furious at this point and decide to proceed to Indiana.

After I get back home to DC I'm still annoyed about the trip, she is mad that I'm mad. We fight over it, her other issues of clingy and passive aggressive come into play. I come to this ain't worth it for an short LDR and end it
Did you ever even take this woman out on a date? It doesn’t sound like it.

Old 01-09-2018, 04:34 PM

102,176 posts, read 107,735,907 times
Quote:
I'm not going to miss a party and an opportunity to hang with friends I don't get to see much because we live in different places, just because she didn't handle business. I'm not punishing myself for her BS.
Yeah, I tend to agree with this. How hard is it to buy a ticket? Especially when it's about attending with a guy she's smitten with, and really wants to get to know. That's weird. That doesn't even take planning, like some complex military strategy. An event comes up on the calendar, you buy the ticket online, or by phone, or whatever. If that's an unmanageable level of difficulty, it doesn't bode well for dating, whether long-distance or not.

*sigh*

Old 01-09-2018, 04:35 PM

6,443 posts, read 9,798,415 times
Quote:
I'm not going to miss a party and an opportunity to hang with friends I don't get to see much because we live in different places, just because she didn't handle business. I'm not punishing myself for her BS.
Thats an issue lol

As the man I would have bought both tickets so that I knew she had one. If you were worried about the cost then she could have paid you back in person.

You do realize its not business right?

Old 01-09-2018, 04:43 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,920,441 times
I am thoroughly perplexed. Buy a pair of tickets and go have fun. Simplest thing in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Agreed. There wasn't one date planned. Again, perplexed.

Old 01-09-2018, 04:58 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,706,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Thats an issue lol

As the man I would have bought both tickets so that I knew she had one. If you were worried about the cost then she could have paid you back in person.

She knew about the party before I did, she thought she purchased a ticket but never actually completed the payment and didn't find out until too late. As someone who spends a small fortune on tickets I could have told her to make sure her ticket was set if she wasn't sure she was charged, but that was not my responsibility.

Business - term used interjectionally in this case for responsibility

Old 01-09-2018, 04:59 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,858,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Thats an issue lol

And as a woman I've done the same thing, especially when it was a show I wanted to go to. I buy both tickets he ended up buying t-shirts and drinks at the concert... seems logical to me.

Also, I'm an artist. I'm obsessively clean, rearrange and organize everything, and show up everywhere half an hour early so, whatever.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:00 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,706,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
The whole weekend together was supposed to be the date.

Last edited by elnina; 01-09-2018 at 05:41 PM..

Old 01-09-2018, 05:11 PM

926 posts, read 672,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I am thoroughly perplexed. Buy a pair of tickets and go have fun. Simplest thing in the world.

Agreed. There wasn't one date planned. Again, perplexed.
This. ^^^^

Old 01-09-2018, 05:12 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,659,641 times
Quote:
The whole weekend together was supposed to be the date.
Was it her impression that it was a date? How far in advance was this planned? She didn’t get a ticket for the party. Then she was busy all day the next day prior to the concert where she didn’t sit next to you. Then the following day she had to work. You indicate that she is clingy, but this doesn’t seem to be the behavior of a clingy person. A clingy person would have bought you a ticket to the party and would have been by your side the entire time.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:18 PM

926 posts, read 672,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
And as a woman I've done the same thing, especially when it was a show I wanted to go to. I buy both tickets he ended up buying t-shirts and drinks at the concert... seems logical to me.

Also, I'm an artist. I'm obsessively clean, rearrange and organize everything, and show up everywhere half an hour early so, whatever.
Are we related? Maybe you're my long lost sistah that I never knew about lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.