Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 05:31 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
He has multiple threads that he puts up about his relationships or lack of them so what does he expect?
I get being curious about what transpired.

I don't get demanding an accounting of his reasoning, like it is owed or something.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:33 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post

I don't get demanding an accounting of his reasoning, like it is owed or something.
It's certainly not owed, but he treats this board like it's a personal feed sometimes so it's not outrageous that people would feel like it could be more reciprocal.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:41 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The whole weekend together was supposed to be the date.
REALLY?????

1. I agree with others about buying a ticket for both of you. You wanted to see her. You were IN LOVE, so madly, but couldn't buy two tickets. You made her pay for her drinks too?

2. "As someone who spends a small fortune on tickets I could have told her to make sure her ticket was set if she wasn't sure she was charged, but that was not my responsibility."
You could, but that was just not your responsibility...

3. "I'm not going to miss a party and an opportunity to hang with friends I don't get to see much because we live in different places, just because she didn't handle business. I'm not punishing myself for her BS."
So, you are going alone and partying hard. Poor you, didn't get to have sex after you came back, at 2 AM...

So... you are having this long distance relationship - you are in love, she is in love

You arrive on Thursday and go to party, alone, because she messed up with tickets. Party hard with friends.

Friday - she is busy, but you go to a show together, albeit sit in different sections. Then she get called home, and you are mad because " could have spent (time) hanging with other friends who were in town for the show who I don't get to see often."

Saturday she gets called into work, and you are furious. Everything is her fault. You fight. It's over!

I am not sure how much really you wanted to spent time with HER. Did you took HER out? spent some time just with HER? Show HER some love and attention?
Friends and partying seem to be the main reason why you went there, not to see her.

Actually I am glad it's over. She deserves better that that... And you? just continue your life as you do. You are not fit for relationship.

Last edited by elnina; 01-09-2018 at 09:59 PM..

Old 01-09-2018, 05:44 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
Ok FaceBook official, hmm were there any children? is there a possibility of a paternity suit? will you be paying alimony? Have you notified everyone on FB that you are no longer official. These are some serious things to be concerned with. Legal copyrights, separation of files. How many bytes does she get. Wow, really feel for ya guy. Or were you smart and had a Pre-nup notarized by Mark Zukerberg. Lots of things to clear up.
You forgot one thing...

Patents. He's all good to go.

If he had it patented, he'd be screwed.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:45 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,676,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
REALLY?????

1. I agree with others about buying a ticket for both of you. You wanted to see her. You were IN LOVE, so madly, but couldn't buy two tickets. You made her pay for her drinks too?

2. "As someone who spends a small fortune on tickets I could have told her to make sure her ticket was set if she wasn't sure she was charged, but that was not my responsibility."

3. "I'm not going to miss a party and an opportunity to hang with friends I don't get to see much because we live in different places, just because she didn't handle business. I'm not punishing myself for her BS."
So, you are going alone and partying hard. Poor you, didn't get to have sex after you came back, at 2 AM...

So... you are having this long distance relationship - you are in love, she is in love

You arrive on Thursday and go to party, alone, because she messed up with tickets. Party hard with friends.

Friday - she is busy, but you go to a show together, albeit seat in different sections. Then she get called home, and you are mad because " could have spent (time) hanging with other friends who were in town for the show who I don't get to see often."

Saturday she gets called into work, and you are furious. Everything is her fault. You fight. It's over!

I am not sure how much really you wanted to spent time with HER. Did you took HER out? spent some time just with HER? Show HER some love and attention?
Friends and partying seem to be the main reason why you went there, not to see her.

Actually I am glad it's over. She deserves better that that... And you? just continue your life as you do. You are not fit for relationship.
To be fair, she only seemed minimally interested in spending time with him as well. This seems to be more like blistering disinterest at first IRL sight since I think this was supposed to be their first date.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:57 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
REALLY?????

Friday - she is busy, but you go to a show together, albeit seat in different sections. Then she get called home, and you are mad because " could have spent (time) hanging with other friends who were in town for the show who I don't get to see often."

1. She told me about the party and she told me she had already bought the ticket. Why would I buy a ticket when we BOTH are under the impression she had purchased one and didn't know it didn't go through until I had already made plans to attend including getting my vacation cleared.

2. She is a grown adult. A little responsibility is not that much to ask out of someone.

3. After she could not get into the party she made plans to hang with friends who were not at the party. All that was before I left for the party myself because I didn't get to her city until right before the party.

Yes, I went on that trip to spend time with her but also friends I don't get to see because we live in different cities. She also had the same plans to meet with friends who lived elsewhere who were in town for the show. I'm not just going to chill by myself because she didn't handle her . Saturday morning before I left for Indiana and Friday after the show was scheduled for us time but both times her life happened. NOT ON ME at ALL.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:59 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post

If people here are going to think I'm such an ahole, I'm going to defend myself. I may still be an ahole but at least that will be based with my truth.

Old 01-09-2018, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
To be fair, she only seemed minimally interested in spending time with him as well. This seems to be more like blistering disinterest at first IRL sight since I think this was supposed to be their first date.
For a first date I would not involve activities with my other friends, and spend time going to shows, and partying with them.
I would want to spent the time with her, mainly. Do things like go out to eat, talk, walk, learn more about each other, cuddle etc...
But he seems to be very upset, furious actually, that because of some mess up with party tickets, he didn't had to see his friends " who were in town... who he don't get to see often."

I would be upset if I had a LDR, and the guy who I was to see for the first time, was planning to spent the time mostly at parties and shows with his buddies...

Old 01-09-2018, 06:11 PM

Quote:
If people here are going to think I'm such an ahole, I'm going to defend myself. I may still be an ahole but at least that will be based with my truth.
Right! And what about HER truth? We will never learn her part of the story...

Old 01-09-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Saturday morning before I left for Indiana and Friday after the show was scheduled for us time but both times her life happened. NOT ON ME at ALL.
Well, it was an unfortunate bad luck with all what happened, but still not a reason for a big fight and ending relationship on the spot. But I guess, you lost interest, and it was not worth for you to give it another try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships