Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 01:57 PM

102,198 posts, read 107,842,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Most likely closer to my mother so I can look in on her since she has health issues (OH, KY, or IN). I have a lot of friends out there and I feel there is nothing I need in DC that makes the higher rent worth it anymore.
I hope the social scene works out for you, wherever you end up. You're doing the right thing, getting your MA, and all.

Old 01-09-2018, 02:19 PM

926 posts, read 673,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I don't get the whole hype here about the breaking up. A text would have been enough. Other people ghost, so a text is actually curteous.

This whole Dissenter in a relationship thing is so blown out of proportion, I don't even know why everyone gets so crazy over the breakup.

THEY MET ONE TIME since they are "together". ONE TIME!!!! It was BARELY DATING. If that was a relationship, I had hundreds. They probably didnt even bone yet or sleep in the same building.
I think he said in his other thread that they had never consummated their relationship. I wasn't aware of that. I also wasn't aware that they had only met once; had I known that, I wouldn't have felt as bad that the LDR didn't work out.

With so little in-person contact and not even having had the chance to be physically intimate or spend any one-on-one time together on a regular basis, I honestly don't see how this LDR could've advanced forward in any way.

Old 01-09-2018, 02:54 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,720,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I don't get the whole hype here about the breaking up. A text would have been enough. Other people ghost, so a text is actually curteous.

This whole Dissenter in a relationship thing is so blown out of proportion, I don't even know why everyone gets so crazy over the breakup.

THEY MET ONE TIME since they are "together". ONE TIME!!!! It was BARELY DATING. If that was a relationship, I had hundreds. They probably didnt even bone yet or sleep in the same building.
Actually, I don't think they met at all once they became "Facebook Official" He said they were "in love" though so of course we all hoped it was true.

Old 01-09-2018, 03:06 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,730,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Actually, I don't think they met at all once they became "Facebook Official" He said they were "in love" though so of course we all hoped it was true.
We became official in Oct, I went to her city to see her in Dec. That trip was a disaster.

Old 01-09-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
We became official in Oct, I went to her city to see her in Dec. That trip was a disaster.
What happened? I assumed there had been no meet up at all since you never had sex, and people in love tend to do that almost instantly when they see each other after being apart. I remember when my husband (then BF) and I were in an LDR and reunited after 6 months apart--we didn't even make it out of the airport parking lot!

Old 01-09-2018, 03:15 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,730,129 times
Quote:
What happened? I assumed there had been no meet up at all since you never had sex, and people in love tend to do that almost instantly when they see each other after being apart. I remember when my husband (then BF) and I were in an LDR and reunited after 6 months apart--we didn't even make it out of the airport parking lot!
A comedy of errors and interruptions on her part prevented us from spending much time together. I was mad by the time I had to leave over all the distractions.

Old 01-09-2018, 03:19 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,961,186 times
Quote:
people with sexual experience may do that. Not people who have zero relationship experience. They take the time usually - which they should

Old 01-09-2018, 03:22 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,961,186 times
Quote:
A comedy of errors and interruptions on her part prevented us from spending much time together. I was mad by the time I had to leave over all the distractions.
well, good riddance then!!!

I had a similar situation than yours recently - and when he flew in to see me, I made sure that the 4 days we had were 100% dedicated to us and I had no other distractions.

When someone shows you how they really are - believe them the first time. You did the right thing in getting rid of her.

Long distance is difficult enough - and yours had too many problems already - would never have worked out anyway.

Old 01-09-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
It seems strange that she did not prioritize her time with you, her boyfriend and partner. What on earth would get in the way of that when time together is such a rare commodity? I assume you all had sexual conversations and talked about what would happen when you met...or not???

It sounds like her idea of a committed relationship was very twisted. Is she a virgin? Of a religion that frowns on unmarried couples being alone together? Had she lost interest and was trying to avoid intimacy? What was her excuse? I would have ended it right then.

Old 01-09-2018, 03:27 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,834,062 times
Quote:
Yes you read that correctly. We made it facebook official just now but now I officially am a boyfriend.

It came outta nowhere but I got hit by instant chemistry and had to have her. She is a fine educated artist who I met at a festival and kept in touch with. I was on FB posting around and referenced my dating life and she caught wind and we got to talking pretty much non-stop the last few days and just I got hit with the atom bomb of chemistry. We have a lot in common especially our musical tastes and being non-conformist misfits in some capacity. I could not pass her up. So I went all in and am now in love.

There is this something to this attraction growing thing. I thought she was cute in the beginning but now after I got to know her I am sprung. She lives in Ohio (yes another LDR) but even though I was turned off LDRs with my last experience, this one is too good not to give it another go.
Ok FaceBook official, hmm were there any children? is there a possibility of a paternity suit? will you be paying alimony? Have you notified everyone on FB that you are no longer official. These are some serious things to be concerned with. Legal copyrights, separation of files. How many bytes does she get. Wow, really feel for ya guy. Or were you smart and had a Pre-nup notarized by Mark Zukerberg. Lots of things to clear up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships