Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2017, 11:51 AM

22 posts, read 13,363 times

Advertisements

Good evening,

I was just dumped by my girlfriend and i'm currently really confused. I think the main reason why she broke up with me was cause i acted really clingy, super needy and annoyed her during the last week when she went to another city to meet her friends and have a good time. She was already acting quite cold the week before so i panicked a bit and kept messaging, calling her a lot during the days she was away. I could see that she was annoyed with that but i just wanted to understand what was wrong. I could clearly smell that something is not right and had a feeling that she is thinking about breaking up with me. I know it was a big mistake on my part not giving her space during that week. So when she came back, she told me that she needs couple days of space to decide whether she wants to be with me anymore. I've just called her today, and hung up on me, then we chatted a little bit and it turned out that she decided to break up.

But my main concern is, what she wrote me was:

"I don't know if i'm doing the right thing. I hope i'm not making a mistake.

I'm not quite sure what that means.. Do you think she still has some feelings for me? She's acting really cold though and doesn't seem to be interested in me anymore. However, he's still checking every single thing i put on instagram/facebook. We been together for 6 months and it seemed that we really loved each. She even cried in front of me at least 3 times, she used to be really comfortable next to me. It was a long distance relationship though. We used to meet twice a week. It's just hard to believe for me that like 10 days ago she said she really loved me and now she decided to break up with me after i was really clingy, needy the week she was away.

What is your opinion? Mainly about that thing she said to me today: ""I don't know if i'm doing the right thing. I hope i'm not making a mistake.".

Do you think i still got a chance to get her back?

Thank you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 11:55 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
I am sorry for what you have to go through.

I think her comment meant that she knows you are a good guy and good guys aren't on every corner so ending something with a nice guy is tougher than ending it with an ahole. Mistake as in = not sure if I find another good guy any time soon.

Does that make any sense? I know it is tough to hold back if you love someone but sometimes showing too much affection can be suffocating and gets annoying.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:56 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,081,502 times
It sounds to me like she is toying with you, or you have omitted something from the story. Maybe she likes drama, and she is checking to see if she has created any.

I would stay silent. This is her thing. See how it plays out. Maybe you are getting off easy this way?

Old 11-07-2017, 11:59 AM

531 posts, read 384,323 times
Block her number and remove her from all of your social media sites if you have any. Someone better will come along.

Old 11-07-2017, 12:11 PM

22 posts, read 13,363 times
The thing is i still love her a lot. I will be doing the no contact thing from now on. I've just thanked her for the good times, said i love her a lot and that i'm leaving the door open, she can call my anytime if she changes her mind. Do you think it was appropriate to say?

Old 11-07-2017, 12:14 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,081,502 times
Don't worry about it. Sure, you will need to get over it in time. Now go out and have some fun. If she wants to return, she will. If she doesn't, okay. Next!

Old 11-07-2017, 12:14 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shypshnius View Post
The thing is i still love her a lot. I will be doing the no contact thing from now on. I've just thanked her for the good times, said i love her a lot and that i'm leaving the door open, she can call my anytime if she changes her mind. Do you think it was appropriate to say?
That doesnt matter now, it is water under the brigde.

I agree to block her number and do not look at her social media stuff.

Old 11-07-2017, 12:19 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
My gut feeling is that she met someone else. She got colder and colder toward you, because it's really hard for the average human to have a relationship with 2 people at the same time, and act like everything is hunky dory with both parties.

She's trying to leave the door open, because she knows it might not pan out with the new person, and wants to jump back to you if she can.

If it were me, I wouldn't give her a second chance. She made her choice, and she can live by her choice. Let her live with her regrets, if she ends up having any.

Old 11-07-2017, 12:26 PM

16,035 posts, read 6,840,321 times
Deep thinking ( too much thinking/trying to figure her out) should be kept for prayer ,family and work.
She is neither.
You know you have found the right one when she can finish the sentence you have started.
Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved.
Time to move on..................

Old 11-07-2017, 12:27 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
How old are you? How long were you together?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships