Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2017, 08:49 PM

2 posts, read 1,257 times

Advertisements

To preface, I am best friends with my sister and would never want to do anything to damage our friendship. However, I feel like I am truly interested in her friend. We have hung out a couple times before and we have both seemed to have a pretty good time. I have strong feelings for her, and every time I see her I cannot stop thinking about her... I like everything about her from her personality to her looks.

This may seem like an elementary crush but this feels totally different. I truly cannot find a flaw in this girl, and truly want nothing more than the ability to tell her in one way or another. Even if the relationship doesn't work out, I would love to get this off my chest and have her know it. Then again, I don't really want to ruin the friendship we have either....

The only problems with possibly forming a relationship:
1. She is almost 21, I am 19.
2. She is good friends with my sister.
3. We are both from Florida, but she goes to University in Alabama and I go to University in Florida.

Overall, I am unsure if I should tell her that I like her. The takeaway here is that my sister is my best friend and I would never want to do anything that would damage our relationship. I feel as though she wouldn't be too surprised if I told her, but I am still not sure.

Thanks for responding/reading! All advice is welcome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2017, 08:54 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
You have to decide if this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysfan98 View Post
To preface, I am best friends with my sister and would never want to do anything to damage our friendship.

The takeaway here is that my sister is my best friend and I would never want to do anything that would damage our relationship.
... is really true.

Quote:
I feel as though she wouldn't be too surprised if I told her, but I am still not sure.
That's what you HOPE will happen, but how realistic is it?

Old 11-12-2017, 09:00 PM

2 posts, read 1,257 times
Honestly, I feel like it is pretty realistic. She has already told me that her friend likes me, so I don't think she would be very surprised if I told her that I like her too... but I guess I can never be too sure. I guess I just have to determine whether the chance of forming a new friendship is worth possibly damaging the one I have with my sister.

Old 11-12-2017, 10:34 PM

11,025 posts, read 5,978,490 times
Why would telling her do anything to the relationship you have with your sister?

Old 11-14-2017, 08:37 PM

92 posts, read 54,187 times
Quote:
She has already told me that her friend likes me...
Dude, go for it - what are you waiting for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships