Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 10:04 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times

Advertisements

I'm reminded of how, when I started dating and went online, I didn't really know what I was looking for, but I kinda thought I did. I put a bunch of factors on my profile. And then once I got out in the world and started meeting human beings, it all went right out the window.

My factors, in retrospect, were silly.

There is a vast difference between viewing the pursuit of love through a screen, and viewing it through experience in the wild.

On a screen, I could evaluate people in the manner in which it's talked about here, usually by men, and usually by unsuccessful men at that. "Options, factors A, B and C." Data in a list. In real life, there is this nebulous and abstract "chemistry" stuff that blows the data right out of the water. I easily passed on a guy who was good looking, about my age, and makes tons of money (and was generous to me with it) in favor of an old dude, not attractive in the conventional "good looking" way that most women might appreciate (and if I'd not gotten to know him, he wouldn't have turned my head) and makes enough to live frugally and have savings but not a lot, not as much as I make, and not enough for wild extravagance like that other guy. Differences though...far more compatibility in our personalities, less stress, better communication, more "chemistry." A lot of woo woo almost spiritual junk that is hard to quantify.

So while a man might make an effort and should, insofar as squaring away aspects of his life that form deal-breakers to women, in order to "compete" against her other "suitors"...ultimately you just have to break the floor of acceptability...after that, you're best off meeting as many women as you can, until one feels sparky for ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 11:58 AM

2,156 posts, read 3,332,775 times
Years ago, I saw beautiful women visiting their husband or boyfriend in prison. Those guys don't make much. They make around 10-15 cents an hour. Yes, that is CENT an hour. If they can have a woman by their side, anyone can.

Old 11-15-2017, 01:18 PM

30 posts, read 30,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post
Years ago, I saw beautiful women visiting their husband or boyfriend in prison. Those guys don't make much. They make around 10-15 cents an hour. Yes, that is CENT an hour. If they can have a woman by their side, anyone can.
Maybe he has money.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:44 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post
Hey! rent is cheap and food is paid for.

Seriously though..

Just because a person is in prison earning 10-15 cents/hour, doesn't mean they don't have a job (skills) and money waiting for them outside.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:50 PM

34 posts, read 30,834 times
Yes.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:21 PM

48,521 posts, read 34,843,322 times
So you are equating "great" with beautiful? Hmmm....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-17-2017, 06:39 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KP23NBA View Post
Maybe he has money.
This is the most typical rationalization for bitter people who can’t dates, for reasons beyond their low paying/average job, looks, or whatever else they feel like blaming it on.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:14 AM

30 posts, read 30,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
So you are equating "great" with beautiful? Hmmm....

No I said a girl who is great looking and has a good personality. Could be a girl who is attractive with a great personality.

I think in big cities it is harder like LA or NYC where the cost of living is higher.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:35 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KP23NBA View Post
The answer is yes but I think it would be hard. I think today with social media and more, women are more selective and won't just settle even for your average good looking guy with a good personality. Unless you get lucky and find a beautiful girl with a good personality who isn't materialistic.
I think a lot of women would be happy with "your average good looking guy" with a good personality.

The problem comes in if the guy doesn't make enough to support himself comfortably - is that what you're talking about?

You're an average looking guy who doesn't expect to make enough money to live comfortably, and you're looking for an attractive woman with a great personality who is either willing to live on very small means, or is willing to support you?

That gets a little harder.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:43 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
OP- Have you ever met a great girl? If she wouldn't give you the time of day because of how much money you earned (only) then she's not so "great'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships