Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 09:20 PM

946 posts, read 774,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk101 View Post
My issue isn't online dating, tbh , l couldn't care less about that l know the real story of how that all unfolds and they find that out soon enough.

But what's been so disheartening to me , is that l've fallen in love once since divorce, we both had more than we could ever dream or hope for , but she had problems. 48 and there really wasn't much alternative than split in the end , just couldn't find a way through it.

But , later on , l then met a second women to my disbelief that again we could've been anything and all we'd ever want but again she had issues. And she wasn't even properly divorced yet either.

So my real worry now is , is it even possible to fall in love with some one in their 40s now , that isn't all damaged and messed up.
l mean twice , wtf is that.
l notice dit too with any l met on the date site.
That never happened once ever back in my 20s before l was married.

l mean there must be normal healthy women out there in their 40s , but l can tell ya , that's what's scaring the hell out of me.
Well given the fact that you have already been married once, and then you have already fallen in love once and then almost again in what appears to be a short time, it seems like you are doing pretty well my friend. So just hold tight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2018, 06:17 AM

268 posts, read 176,830 times
So I never said online dating is a BREEZE for women by any means, all I implied was that it’s not hard for them to get a date and if they are unsure about a guy, they can just move onto the next guy in their inbox of many. That’s not saying that all these guys are knights in shining armors bc I agree they aren’t and that’s the problem. It’s the quality out there these days where a LOT of users have the mentality of always looking for another date. It’s a go-go-go lifestyle, at least for users in their 20’s and even into their 30’s, and it’s not good. I too know women who despise the entire thing and have met deadbeat after deadbeat, and have had bad relationship after bad relationship. My story from earlier was unfortunate bc I absolutely finally found someone I liked a lot, for the first time in my 5.5 years of OLD, and while she genuinely liked me, she went back to an ex after 2 months and devastated me.

Then LONG story short, she came right back to me soon after, but basically told me it would be too hard going forward bc she’d feel so much pressure and would be terrified of hurting me again. She tried stringing me along a bit, who knows, maybe until she was good and ready, but I wasn’t going to deal with small talk via texting when it came to someone I had strong feelings for. Talk about my life and my luck. I guess my point is, if OLD is as awful as you say it is for women, maybe she’ll REALLY be back once she sees how difficult it is to find a guy as great as I was to her for those 2 months, which she told me I was many times.

Old 02-12-2018, 06:28 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk101 View Post
My issue isn't online dating, tbh , l couldn't care less about that l know the real story of how that all unfolds and they find that out soon enough.

But what's been so disheartening to me , is that l've fallen in love once since divorce, we both had more than we could ever dream or hope for , but she had problems. 48 and there really wasn't much alternative than split in the end , just couldn't find a way through it.

But , later on , l then met a second women to my disbelief that again we could've been anything and all we'd ever want but again she had issues. And she wasn't even properly divorced yet either.

So my real worry now is , is it even possible to fall in love with some one in their 40s now , that isn't all damaged and messed up.
l mean twice , wtf is that.
l notice dit too with any l met on the date site.
That never happened once ever back in my 20s before l was married.

l mean there must be normal healthy women out there in their 40s , but l can tell ya , that's what's scaring the hell out of me.
I understand. I was talking to a woman and over time, I have learned that she is extremely damaged and does not know how to handle a positive thing in her life. I have recently decided that I can keep her as a friend, but romance is something I am going to have to find somewhere else (if I get healthier).

Old 02-15-2018, 08:50 AM

651 posts, read 407,574 times
Not love, dating. I have completely given up on dating. I cant do it! I simply do not care enough or like people in general. Every time I start talking to someone new I realize that I really dont give a f#ck about who they are, where they are from, what their family is like or how much they love their little dog pet.
I have to be genuinely into someone to bring myself to pay attention, but it takes a while for me to get there and it has be in real world, not online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships