Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 02:01 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times

Advertisements

Everyones looks go away eventually so if you cant deal with that then marriage is certianly not for you..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 04:42 PM

2,278 posts, read 3,922,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by politically_correct View Post
A friend of mine was so excited about his girl friend who eventually became his wife. She was such a beauty and my friend was so excited to be with someone who was so sexy and attractive. While there were other aspects of their relationship, the physical attraction on both sides was the big thing. Being beautiful was always what gave her credibility with friends and coworkers. That was her identity, the beautiful women. And she was beautiful! Tragically that was all lost when she got into an accident and now her beauty is gone for ever. Could you continue your relationship with your spouse if something terrible happened to him or her and the beauty was gone?
Uh, yeah. If the relationship wasn't based on the superficial in the first place. If my "hubby" didn't come from the Chippandale stock complete with a neck bow tie and I don't have to parade him around like a peacock so the common folks can gasp in the stunning blinding beauty in front of them? Then yeah, it will definitely be a no-brainer.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:47 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,774 times
Quote:
A friend of mine was so excited about his girl friend who eventually became his wife. She was such a beauty and my friend was so excited to be with someone who was so sexy and attractive. While there were other aspects of their relationship, the physical attraction on both sides was the big thing. Being beautiful was always what gave her credibility with friends and coworkers. That was her identity, the beautiful women. And she was beautiful! Tragically that was all lost when she got into an accident and now her beauty is gone for ever. Could you continue your relationship with your spouse if something terrible happened to him or her and the beauty was gone?
If I couldn't it would only prove that I was very shallow and heartless,and never loved my significant other in the first place.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:48 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
I'd be more concerned with the type of people she surrounded herself with. Sounds like a bunch of doozies.

I don't know but I imagine if you were really in love with someone--as opposed to their looks--it would be hard to stop loving them over looks. Or lack of.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:00 PM

287 posts, read 549,210 times
Quote:
Beauty is only skin deep. I couldn't be with the person that long if nothing else really made me fall in love with them. As long as they were still the same person, I'm sure I would still be with them.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:05 PM

218 posts, read 562,925 times
Yes I could still love my man if the looks went away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships