Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 10:18 AM

95 posts, read 89,290 times

Advertisements

This scenario reminds me of the US version of the offie. They started out as cube mates and flirted here and there and eventually turned into the 2000's version of Ross and Rachel. I would be all over this situation but I do get jealous so maybe that's not the best course of action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 01:28 PM

2,094 posts, read 1,923,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawsWashington View Post
My girlfriend's coworker is starting to worry me. Their offices are right next to each other so they talk everyday. Apparently, they also talk through the wall without even having to leave their own offices. People at work have mistakenly thought that they were together or joked about something more going on between them. They are friends outside of work and I am ok with that. I am not overly possessive or anything. However, I've only met the guy once at a work event. They hang out outside of work from time to time. I know they've gone hiking a couple of times with another coworker or go out to eat. I believe they've only gotten dinner together once outside of work with just the 2 of them. That bothered me but it only happened one time. However, they get lunch at work with just the 2 of them fairly often. My girlfriend even lets him taste her drink from her straw and he does the same. She said that it is only friendly and that she shares her drinks with her friends too. But she also does it with me and I'm her boyfriend! Me and my girlfriend go out every weekend so it's not like she's neglecting me. We always have a great time when we're together.

However, I get the nagging feeling that she's having an emotional affair with her coworker. Am I just overreacting or is there something going on with them?
I would talk to her, but I think what she is doing is too much. Maybe she's not interested, but maybe he is.
Got to have Boundaries. Would she like the same treatment with you and a girl in the next cube?

Old 11-28-2017, 01:29 PM

2,094 posts, read 1,923,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
it is hard to say. Why do you never join them??? Next time they meet outside of work, join them last minute. See how she/they react. If they are just friends, they would welcome you.
This is pretty tell-tale. Quite frankly, you should always be invited if nothing is going on.

Old 11-28-2017, 02:27 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,186,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
What a vivid image!
A lot of women fantasize about this. The OP should be concerned.

If my girl told me she wanted to go on a date with some dude out in the woods...

Come on OP. Get it together.

Old 11-28-2017, 03:42 PM

20,735 posts, read 19,939,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
Check the OP's other threads. He's the co-worker in the scenario in them.
weird. WTH???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships