Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2017, 07:40 AM

1 posts, read 546 times

Advertisements

It's often been said that dating is very difficult these days, for some reason. No one has been able to pinpoint what that reason is, but some questions come to mind, which perhaps might help some people have better luck :

How honest would you be to find out if someone is compatible with you? What things would you tell them about yourself?

If you would not divulge something about yourself, then what, in your opinion, is more important than compatibility?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 12:28 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,976,312 times
Compatibility along with chemistry has to be there for me.

I have been compatible with lots of guys but the chemistry wasn't there or there was great chemistry but we ended up not being compatible. When it comes to compatibility I can easily tell without needing very much info, I just pay attention to his actions, things he's involved in, his likes & dislikes, you can pick up on a lot of things just spending time with a person.

1 big dating issue is too many people try to force things to work instead of realizing they're wasting their time and move on to someone that wants the same things they do. Like I stated a persons actions will reveal all one needs to know if only they would pay attention and not try to turn situations into what they want it to be.

Old 11-24-2017, 02:08 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin e View Post
It's often been said that dating is very difficult these days, for some reason. No one has been able to pinpoint what that reason is...
If you would not divulge something about yourself, then what, in your opinion, is more important than compatibility?
One of the reasons is the internet. It's free, in the sense that there is only a fixed cost, and after you pay the subscription cost to your network provider, the marginal cost is just your effort. You get what you pay for!

Meeting a woman off the internet, I always waited until I felt somewhat comfortable before I talked about the sensitive areas in my life. But when I had a decent hope that there might be a future with her, I was honest. There's nothing to lose. I figure, when people give false information about themselves, they will eventually betray themselves, later, through their behavior.

My definition of compatibility is vague and emotional. I ask myself, can this person fit into my life and vice-versa, but it's based more on how their actions, not their words, affect my behavior. All of my great loves, I met by chance, not by design...a girl in a bike shop,at a football game, at a disco, in a cafeteria.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:40 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,869 times
Too many people talk too much on the first date and early on, divulge a lot of needless and mostly irrelevant information. Then they wonder why they didn’t get a second date.

They wanna talk about how terrible their ex was and how much much they hurt them. Or bring up weird things, which they’re usually insecure about. Or just random things that don’t need to be brought up. Like “I have autism” or “I’m a 30 year old virgin” and “This is my first date in 3 years” or “this is already my sixth date this week” or “My dad is a convicted felon” or “I’m seeing a therapist and on three different antidepressants”. And one of the most common, “I’m really ugly, I hate the way I look, these are my flaws and I’m so glad you said yes to me, because no one else did”.

There’s usually no need for this, but it happens so much on first dates or before you even get to the date, while chatting on the phone.

Old 11-24-2017, 08:03 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Depends on how you define compatibility. I'm pretty much an open book, and made information/details available for others to assess compatibility based on their criteria, and to make it easier to weed out/filter interests. I like conversation beyond the superficial. My husband was pretty much the same way. Laid it all out there and didn't bother with boring GTKY pleasantries. We were both smitten and our chemistry felt natural and effortless. We communicated regularly over the course of a few weeks before our first date, and not a thing was different on the date. Felt just as natural and effortless. The chemistry and compatibility were evident from the start.

Old 11-24-2017, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 427 times
I think women should always be 100% honest and upfront about how many men they've had sex with. That way they will know from the guy's reaction whether or not he is compatible with her. Any woman who disagrees with this does not believe in compatibility.

Old 11-24-2017, 02:05 PM

1,078 posts, read 938,265 times
About basic beliefs, life experience, politics, etc? Completely 100% honest. Health into that could impact the relationship, like congenital issues, STDs, cancer? That also needs to come out fairly early on for the best outcome, I think. Everything else? Level of detail depends on the personal comfort of each person.

Old 11-24-2017, 03:34 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlande View Post
I think women should always be 100% honest and upfront about how many men they've had sex with. That way they will know from the guy's reaction whether or not he is compatible with her. Any woman who disagrees with this does not believe in compatibility.
Really?

In that case, a guy should reveal how many women he's had sex with
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships