Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 05:01 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,101,900 times

Advertisements

Some areas are tougher for dating than others, but I find it hard to believe all the women in one area are snobs. The problem here is clearly you, but you'll never admit it, so I suppose you'll still be here posting in 20 years about being a virgin and how all women are snotty gold diggers who won't date you despite the fact that you are super awesome and spend lots of time at the gym. :roll eyes:

Your disdain for women comes across clear as a bell in your posts, so I have no doubt how it comes across to women you encounter in real life. A 27 year old guy who is a virgin, doesn't have a full time job, no savings, and lives at home with his parents isn't exactly what most women are looking for in a boyfriend and that doesn't make them snotty or entitled or gold diggers. You can move, but you better change your attitude or it won't do a bit of good. Something about you is clearly putting women off. You would be wise to do some self reflection instead of blaming everyone around you.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:28 PM

814 posts, read 759,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
As someone who grew up in the Cincy metro area, it should probably be pointed out that the town where the OP lives is outside the main I-275 belt, and is considered almost rural and "gritty", to be polite. It's not really a place where interesting 20-somethings congregate. He'd probably have better luck if he actually moved into the city or the outer-lying suburbs where professionals go. It's definitely not a problem with all the women in an entire region.
This makes a lot more sense. There's always low end places or ghettos where the area could be the problem. You can venture downtown or wherever is trendy, but it's hard to continuously drag friends there. It's just not convenient.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:54 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,136,307 times
Since I see you have a lot of replies, it's very likely someone has already said this, but I'll post it anyway. I believe what you say about your vacation, but I'm still guessing that the problem is you, not the women. There is nothing in your post that would lead me to believe you're necessarily an "ideal match." Of course, I can't know, but maybe this is wishful thinking on your part.

Here are some thoughts:

1. Your post implies that you are trying to pick up strangers. This is not necessarily a smart strategy. On top of that, it's not a good sign that you speak of "scoring."

2. The only specific activity you mention is sports (and your gym). This is also not a good sign. Women won't necessarily list sports as a top interest, and being a "gym rat" implies to me some excessive vanity.

3. It's possible that you have a problem with your style. Maybe you're in good shape, but maybe you dress like a slob, don't bother to get a haircut, or have a poor demeanor.

4. It's possible that you have a problem with your conversational style. Of course, we can't know what you sound like, but it's possible that you either are boring in terms of subject matter, or are too busy talking about yourself. Or maybe you're too pushy, focusing on "scoring."

5. Instead of worrying about scoring, how about starting with some friends? And give some parties, with both men and women. Try something that is more likely to have women - like a book club or a cooking class.

Old 12-05-2017, 08:11 PM

48,510 posts, read 34,783,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManLivinginOhio View Post
I choose teaching because I love helping teenagers, and I like to be their role model. So far, high school students really like me, and look up to me.

It doesn't affect my classroom practices at all.

When I student taught, I taught two blocks of seniors, and one block of sophomores in high school. During the end of my term, I had to give some of the male students the harsh reality of life after high school. I mentioned it to my female students as well, but they didn't need to hear that most men were visual idiots(They already figured that out).

Some of the male students had this fantasy of how college life would be, or even life afterwards. I told them the harsh truth, and how you will be constantly judged for how much money you make, or how picky the dating world is after high school.

Dude. Inappropriate.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-05-2017, 08:16 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,706,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Dude. Inappropriate.
Wasn’t like he lied to the students. Life outside high school will be brutal, especially dating wise. I wish someone had told me coming up.

Old 12-05-2017, 08:20 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,406,635 times
The level of delusion in here by the OP...did I really just read all of this?

Only woman who might date you is a very young girl..like 18, who is also a virgin.

Old 12-05-2017, 08:31 PM

48,510 posts, read 34,783,425 times
Everywhere you go..... there you are.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-05-2017, 08:52 PM

814 posts, read 759,289 times
I understand there's probably an issue with the OP and in my experience that's usually a social issue. Sometimes autistic, sometimes just lack of experience, or I'll say exposure.

Never the less, if is he is such and such, a ghetto place ain't no good for that. Trust me I live in the hood and I wouldn't date anyone here. Every gal I've dated was at least 6 blocks over.

Old 12-05-2017, 09:03 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,324,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Wasn’t like he lied to the students. Life outside high school will be brutal, especially dating wise. I wish someone had told me coming up.
LOl. The OP is full of nonsense, angry and bitter, with no confidence to boot.

I cant believe he's teaching boys that women are shallow gold diggers, and teaching girls that boys are knuckle dragging apes. Role model? pshhh, LOl

Life definitely is tough, and guess what? so is dating. Who ever claimed either one was a walk in the park?

I cant take this guy seriously. This has to be a joke.

Old 12-05-2017, 09:12 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,324,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
I understand there's probably an issue with the OP and in my experience that's usually a social issue. Sometimes autistic, sometimes just lack of experience, or I'll say exposure.

Never the less, if is he is such and such, a ghetto place ain't no good for that. Trust me I live in the hood and I wouldn't date anyone here. Every gal I've dated was at least 6 blocks over.
I think youre right, jay!

Does place matter? of course, to a small degree. If you're living in a small town in Alaska with a population of 33 people, you're probably will have a difficult time dating. But Cincinnati and the surrounding area (population roughly over 2 million people) claiming all women there are shallow gold diggers? c'mon now! Lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.