Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 08:09 PM

728 posts, read 472,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
If you post the screenshots the only thing that's going to happen is a bunch of people are going to ask you WHY you were with someone who talked to you in that supposedly awful way. As the saying goes, you taught her how you wanted to be treated.
Screenshots don't prove anything, anyone can doctor a screenshot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 09:40 PM

710 posts, read 584,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant17 View Post
Screenshots don't prove anything, anyone can doctor a screenshot.
The screenshots were legit. I don’t have the time, energy, or even the knowledge of how to even make a fake one.

Old 12-29-2017, 10:33 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,219,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
To give some background, I was with this girl for almost a year and we broke up recently. I admit, this whole this is partly my fault for ignoring the red flags and staying but she completely took advantage of me. I would do nice things for her and spend a lot of money, time, and effort to make her happy. I would do little things like surprise her with her favorite candy and random romantic cards to show my appreciation for her. She never seemed to fully appreciate any of it and she only seemed to show real affection towards me when I was going to buy something for her or do something for her. There were many times when we had arguments that she’d fly off the rails and say all types of harsh things towards me. She once told me to kill my self, she called me ugly and worthless, she’d ignore me and block my number, she’d call me stupid and talk about how no one will ever want to be with me. And I know most people probably would’ve ran away after that, but afterwards she’d seem so apologetic and remorseful. Then she’d go back to normal until the next argument came up. She would also criticize me whenever she felt like it, but the moment when I’d criticize her or ask her to change something about her treatment of me then she’d get really angry and shut down the conversation. She once got really angry at me for calling her out about one of the lies she told me. I put up with that type of treatment for too long and I’m done. The breaking point came when I tried to talk to her about her behavior towards me and she flew off the handle at me and started talking about how annoying I was and how no one will ever want to be with me and how she “hates” me. I’m really hurt, as this happened just a few days ago. I put so much time and effort into this relationship, and I’m a young man working at a job where I don’t make too much money and I still spent a lot on her. I want her to feel the same pain I feel. I have a lot of the screenshots from the arguments we’ve had where she’s said reprehensible things to me. I want to post them on the internet and attach her name to it, so others can see how bad of a person she is. That’s the only idea I have for now. I don’t want to just “move on” from this and let it be, I want her to feel the same hurt and shame that I feel from this
The best revenge on an abuser is to take the high road, walk away and cut off all contact. Their loss of control over your is the best revenge you can exact. She sounds like she may have Narcissistic Personality Disorder. You are just better off cutting all ties, moving on and healing.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:52 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
The best revenge on an abuser is to take the high road, walk away and cut off all contact. Their loss of control over your is the best revenge you can exact. She sounds like she may have Narcissistic Personality Disorder. You are just better off cutting all ties, moving on and healing.
I cosign this.

Old 12-31-2017, 02:02 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
The only reason why I’ve given up on the revenge idea is because of the fact that there’s really no way that I can. I’m still angry over her actions and I still feel like she deserves something bad to happen to her. If there was some way that I could make her feel the way that I do right now then I would. It’s not because I’ve changed my mind about her and I definitely don’t forgive her.

There’s just so many issues going on in my life currently and this is just one of them. I’m at a low point right now but I’m just trying to take it a day at a time.

I’ve joined some dating sites and have been talking to some other girls but it doesn’t really help all that much.
She's still in control.

Snap out of it, reclaim your life.

You should be ecstatic this relationship ended.

Last edited by virgode; 12-31-2017 at 02:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships