U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 12-05-2017, 10:18 PM
 
710 posts, read 380,007 times
Reputation: 854

Advertisements

To give some background, I was with this girl for almost a year and we broke up recently. I admit, this whole this is partly my fault for ignoring the red flags and staying but she completely took advantage of me. I would do nice things for her and spend a lot of money, time, and effort to make her happy. I would do little things like surprise her with her favorite candy and random romantic cards to show my appreciation for her. She never seemed to fully appreciate any of it and she only seemed to show real affection towards me when I was going to buy something for her or do something for her. There were many times when we had arguments that she’d fly off the rails and say all types of harsh things towards me. She once told me to kill my self, she called me ugly and worthless, she’d ignore me and block my number, she’d call me stupid and talk about how no one will ever want to be with me. And I know most people probably would’ve ran away after that, but afterwards she’d seem so apologetic and remorseful. Then she’d go back to normal until the next argument came up. She would also criticize me whenever she felt like it, but the moment when I’d criticize her or ask her to change something about her treatment of me then she’d get really angry and shut down the conversation. She once got really angry at me for calling her out about one of the lies she told me. I put up with that type of treatment for too long and I’m done. The breaking point came when I tried to talk to her about her behavior towards me and she flew off the handle at me and started talking about how annoying I was and how no one will ever want to be with me and how she “hates” me. I’m really hurt, as this happened just a few days ago. I put so much time and effort into this relationship, and I’m a young man working at a job where I don’t make too much money and I still spent a lot on her. I want her to feel the same pain I feel. I have a lot of the screenshots from the arguments we’ve had where she’s said reprehensible things to me. I want to post them on the internet and attach her name to it, so others can see how bad of a person she is. That’s the only idea I have for now. I don’t want to just “move on” from this and let it be, I want her to feel the same hurt and shame that I feel from this
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-05-2017, 10:22 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, Tennessee
43,236 posts, read 41,828,694 times
Reputation: 83045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
To give some background, I was with this girl for almost a year and we broke up recently. I admit, this whole this is partly my fault for ignoring the red flags and staying but she completely took advantage of me. I would do nice things for her and spend a lot of money, time, and effort to make her happy. I would do little things like surprise her with her favorite candy and random romantic cards to show my appreciation for her. She never seemed to fully appreciate any of it and she only seemed to show real affection towards me when I was going to buy something for her or do something for her. There were many times when we had arguments that she’d fly off the rails and say all types of harsh things towards me. She once told me to kill my self, she called me ugly and worthless, she’d ignore me and block my number, she’d call me stupid and talk about how no one will ever want to be with me. And I know most people probably would’ve ran away after that, but afterwards she’d seem so apologetic and remorseful. Then she’d go back to normal until the next argument came up. She would also criticize me whenever she felt like it, but the moment when I’d criticize her or ask her to change something about her treatment of me then she’d get really angry and shut down the conversation. She once got really angry at me for calling her out about one of the lies she told me. I put up with that type of treatment for too long and I’m done. The breaking point came when I tried to talk to her about her behavior towards me and she flew off the handle at me and started talking about how annoying I was and how no one will ever want to be with me and how she “hates” me. I’m really hurt, as this happened just a few days ago. I put so much time and effort into this relationship, and I’m a young man working at a job where I don’t make too much money and I still spent a lot on her. I want her to feel the same pain I feel. I have a lot of the screenshots from the arguments we’ve had where she’s said reprehensible things to me. I want to post them on the internet and attach her name to it, so others can see how bad of a person she is. That’s the only idea I have for now. I don’t want to just “move on” from this and let it be, I want her to feel the same hurt and shame that I feel from this
You were talking about this breakup in October. And you DID ignore tons of flaming red flags.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2017, 10:31 PM
 
3,576 posts, read 1,235,749 times
Reputation: 3732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
I want to get revenge on an abusive, manipulative ex-girlfriend
Don't
If you think she's a less than stellar person, why would you want to be anything like her.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2017, 10:40 PM
 
Location: West Coast - Best Coast!
1,977 posts, read 2,869,215 times
Reputation: 2322
If you post the screenshots the only thing that's going to happen is a bunch of people are going to ask you WHY you were with someone who talked to you in that supposedly awful way. As the saying goes, you taught her how you wanted to be treated.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2017, 10:46 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
78,638 posts, read 70,531,500 times
Reputation: 76618
OP, instead of seeking revenge on her, put some effort into understanding yourself, and why you put up with that for so long. She sounds mentally ill, like a raging narcissist. They're hypersensitive to criticism, but love to dish it out.

Anyway, make sure you never put up with abuse again. Just walk away when you see red flags, and the person isn't willing to talk about your concerns. Don't be an enabler of your own abuse.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2017, 10:47 PM
 
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
14,742 posts, read 12,238,763 times
Reputation: 26165
Don't waste your time you can never get back on this woman; she isn't worth a second more.

Just move on and hopefully you've learned a lesson in all this.

Dont be a SIMP!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2017, 12:10 AM
 
Location: on the wind
7,114 posts, read 2,921,213 times
Reputation: 24062
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Don't
If you think she's a less than stellar person, why would you want to be anything like her.
Agree. Why on earth would you stoop to childish stunts like revenge? As they say, success is the best revenge. There are all sorts of peel and stick posters about it. Go be successful with a better person and forget her.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2017, 01:12 AM
 
801 posts, read 395,460 times
Reputation: 697
There isn't really any legal way to get revenge on a bad ex. Nothing worthwhile anyways. The last thing anyone needs is to try something crazy and get in trouble with the law as a result. And you think the cops would care one ounce if you said "But she was REALLY mean! So she deserved it"? Of course not. They would be 100% on her side.

As somebody has mentioned, future success of yours is pretty much the only way for revenge. And about the only way to have success for you right now is to move on. If you're constantly seething about your ex then it will negatively impact your outlook and results with life. Getting used sucks, but your best use of it is to just learn from it and not put up with any of that kind of terrible behavior in women from here on. Don't put women on a pedestal, and call out terrible behavior when you see it, and then walk the other way from them. Forget about "revenge". There is no such thing really in the dating game.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2017, 04:12 AM
 
710 posts, read 380,007 times
Reputation: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
You were talking about this breakup in October. And you DID ignore tons of flaming red flags.
I know. We had broken up and gotten back together a few times.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2017, 04:17 AM
 
710 posts, read 380,007 times
Reputation: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Don't
If you think she's a less than stellar person, why would you want to be anything like her.
Because if I do nothing, then she leaves unscathed and I’ll be the only one who’s hurt from this. I want to hurt her in some way as well (not physically).
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top