Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 02:08 AM

1,485 posts, read 954,442 times

Advertisements

Thanks guys for your input.

I was basically freaking out because, first of all I really like her. She seems good-hearted and sweet. Also helps that she is super hot for being 49 years old.

She texted me things like she can't wait to see me again and that she misses me and she tells me I'm good-looking and how it seems like we've known eachother for years, all stuff that sounds good?

Then she hints that she's been out with another guy and after she cancels a date cuz of having to work.
After that she texts me again how she misses me and 'maybe she'll text me later'. And now radio silence going on 4 days now...

I was just somewhat confused about the silence after all her flattering texts.

Maybe I'm being tested, or she's busy with work and other things going on with her life. The last thing I want to do is exasperate her by texting/calling her too much if she's not in the mood to communicate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2017, 03:38 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
i think you are pushing too hard for something she isnt ready for. my advice to you is to relax and let things happen more naturally and more slowly. take waht she is willing to give, and dont push to hard.

Old 12-11-2017, 05:37 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,152,762 times
As a 48-y-o woman, I have to say that your repeated statements about her appearance relative to her age are fairly off-putting. Isn't it just SO shocking that 49-y-o women can STILL be attractive after all those years on this earth?? Somebody alert Jennifer Lopez and Jennifer Aniston!

Does she know you think she's attractive "for her age?"

Old 12-11-2017, 06:02 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
As a 48-y-o woman, I have to say that your repeated statements about her appearance relative to her age are fairly off-putting. Isn't it just SO shocking that 49-y-o women can STILL be attractive after all those years on this earth?? Somebody alert Jennifer Lopez and Jennifer Aniston!

+1.

But..but...she's super hot for 49!!!

Not to mention his offer on day 2 of "getting a room" and when she said she couldn't make it a late night and had to get her daughter, he wanted to meet up after? I'd go home too.

How old are you, OP? You state in another thread you have 2 ex wives...so I'm guessing you're not young either?

Last edited by LLCNYC; 12-11-2017 at 06:16 AM..

Old 12-11-2017, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post

I did tell her once that I thought she's beautiful. But never in relation to her age. I had dates with beautiful women but something about her just grabs me in that special way. I can't explain it.

How she shows up is very classy, sweet, sophisticated and genuine. And she's just a lot of fun to be with. She has a positive, happy vibe about her and I guess that is what I find most attractive.

Yes, that's great advice to just chill out and let it develop naturally.

Thanks again. You've all given me some things to think about.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
+1.

But..but...she's super hot for 49!!!

Not to mention his offer on day 2 of "getting a room" and when she said she couldn't make it a late night and had to get her daughter, he wanted to meet up after? I'd go home too.

How old are you, OP? You state in another thread you have 2 ex wives...so I'm guessing you're not young either?
I'm 46, but I'm often told I look younger.

Also it wasn't date #2, it was date #4 that I brought up about getting the room.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:32 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
I'm 46, but I'm often told I look younger.

Also it wasn't date #2, it was date #4 that I brought up about getting the room.
Dude, she’s barely older than you are....

With the way you talk about how “Hot she looks for 49”, I figured you were maybe 21? 25?

Old 12-11-2017, 06:51 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Sounds like you are doing all the work and she does nothing.

You're like the dog that keeps jumping on the guest and the guest just pats you on the head like you're cute.

She doesn't seem interested in a relationship with you.

Old 12-11-2017, 07:55 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
Don't know why I have the one-itis for this 49 yr old.
"she's really awesome"..."we mesh in so many ways"....conversation is effortless and stimulating"...you feel "comfortable with her"...you have a "lot in common"....she's "sweet, classy, sophisticated and genuine"...exactly what you "want in a woman".

That all sounds wonderful, but it's obviously not good enough for you, as you made it clear that her being "super hot", and your desire to have sex with her takes precedence over ALL THAT!!!

Maybe she doesn't feel she should have to secure your fidelity or loyalty by giving you what you seem to most desire from her...sex.
Maybe being in love and really caring for someone means more to her than the physical act of sex...and she doesn't feel the need to test those waters as you seem to do.

I'm thinking that maybe after you've had sex (if you ever do) that all those other fine attributes might not mean anything anymore....as her performance during sex is what you've decided is the deciding factor on whether you'll remain with her or not.
She probably knows that too.

Your "one-itis" for this 49 year old seems to be all about the pursuit of sex with this very "hot woman".

Old 12-11-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Sounds like you are doing all the work and she does nothing.

You're like the dog that keeps jumping on the guest and the guest just pats you on the head like you're cute.

She doesn't seem interested in a relationship with you.
I don't think she's interested in getting into a relationship right now either. She just got out of one where the bf was a jerk to her. I'd just like to spend more time together and whenever or if she's ever ready, she could bring up a 'relationship'.
I want to know her better, spend time together doing things and see her let loose and have fun without having to be on her best behavior on a formal date setting.
I want to see how she deals with a range of emotions and situations and make sure shes not a nut case. Neither of us want a repeat of our past relationships.
Yea I am the one trying to set up dates and trying to think of places to go and things to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships