Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 12:28 AM

1,485 posts, read 953,788 times

Advertisements

Met a lady in the course of work. Not the one from before. This lady is beautiful physically for her age. She's 49. She initiated convo with me. I got her number. She told me when we met that her and her bf weren't close anymore even though they're living together.
We still go out a couple times for dinner. We get along great and have a great rapport. Each time she said she couldn't make it a late night thing because she had to pick her daughter up (daughter is 17) from ber friends, mall, etc. Each time we're flirting, touching eachother and tongue kissing.

Couple weeks go by, because of our work schedules. She calls me and says her bf moved out. I make a date with her. We meet, have a great time, flirting, touching, kissing etc. I suggest we get a room for the night. Same thing - she has to pick her daughter up from her bfs house. I suggest we meet after she does that somewhere. She said she needs to get up early.

I get very busy at work but we're still keeping in touch, texting, calling. She says I'm such a "great guy" and some 50-something year olds act like little boys. (Sounds like shes been going out with other guys). We make a date a few days in advance. I catch the flu and feel horrible and cancelled the day before. She seemed very understanding. In two weeks I'm feeling better. During this time we text a couple times and says she's glad I'm in her life. And said she'll text me after work. No text for 3 days. I call her 3 days later, I don't mentiion the texting but I tell her I'm feeling great, no more flu and I sound upbeat. We make a date for tues.- 3 days later.

The day of she cancels and says her work called and needs her to work. No problem, I understand people need to make money to pay stuff.
She texts that she can't wait to see me and she misses me. I text her back that I miss her company too. She texted "maybe I'll text you later." That was 2 days ago. I'm thinking she may be testing me to see if I'm a needy chump who'll blow up her phone and get an attitude, which won't happen.

Maybe she's busy working, or going out with 50 year old dudes. Am I over thinking?

I have the abundance mentality, it's just that I really like her. We get along great and have great chemistry. She is also really hot for being 49.

Some insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2017, 01:20 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,232 times
Maybe she is going out with 50 year old dudes? She's not your girlfriend. If that bothers you, you're totally free to go out with other women, too. If you really had the ''Abundance mentality'', why do you feel ''Committed'' to this woman already?

Reach out in a few days and make a date. If she blows you off or gives you the run around, tell her to contact you when she's free and wait to hear from her. And if you do hear from her, make a date right away. And if you don't, you're free to date other women, regardless of that.

Old 12-08-2017, 01:31 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Shes probably one of those pseudo daters.

Old 12-08-2017, 01:34 AM

Thank you.

I actually have been going out with 1 other woman. She's cool. I did have 2 over nights with her already, but it's the opposite. She's way more into me than I am into her. She does initiate contact more which is good. She's cute and in good shape. Maybe I could focus on her more. I'm still not in a committed relationship, so I do meet women and get numbers and make contact when I can.
Don't know why I have the one-itis for this 49 yr old.

Old 12-09-2017, 03:01 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Wow!!! two days? is that all she gets before you're finding fault?
She does have a life you know...Will you expect her to give you "excuses" for why she didn't get back to you immediately?...hope not.

Old 12-09-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Wow!!! two days? is that all she gets before you're finding fault?
She does have a life you know...Will you expect her to give you "excuses" for why she didn't get back to you immediately?...hope not.
No, I wouldn't expect that. I wouldn't even ask or bring it up.
It's funny when I thought more about it. She does hold down a job, takes care of her mom and dad, spends time with her daughters... She's probably busy with life. No big deal. She did mention she went out with a guy but didn't like him much. So, I'm not worried.

It's just that I really like her. And it's rare for me to like a woman like I do her. She's really awesome. We mesh in so many ways. The conversation is effortless and stimulating. We have a lot in common. I felt comfortable with her early on. She is exactly what I like in a woman.

But I'll just wait her out. I just now made a date with another woman for later tonight.
I'll keep an open mind and see where it goes...

Thanks guys

Old 12-10-2017, 05:47 PM

212 posts, read 162,167 times
When you met this woman she was living with her boyfriend? You are sleeping with one lady already and making dates with another? What do you need the first one for? Sounds to me like you're both a bunch of cheaters who like to play games.

Old 12-10-2017, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetiteGem View Post
When you met this woman she was living with her boyfriend? You are sleeping with one lady already and making dates with another? What do you need the first one for? Sounds to me like you're both a bunch of cheaters who like to play games.
I'm not in a committed relationship right now. So I'm not cheating on anyone. I have not done anything with the one I really like yet because, well, she keeps having to do something after our dates. As for her cheating, not with me. According to her, their relationship was basically dead, her bf was living there for financial convenience.

Why would anyone commit to a relationship first and then find out later they are not sexually compatible? I'd rather find out as soon as possible if we're sexually compatible, that way I can move forward and not feel like I'm wasting my time on a woman. This is 2017.
Plus it helps to not get hung up on just one woman.

Thanks for your input though.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:08 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
She's still w/her bf, but looking for someone to leave him for. She keeps checking to see if you're still interested. She's not going to do anything with you until she makes a clean break.

That's my good guess, but should I ask her what's going on with her for you, or are you going to?

Old 12-10-2017, 11:59 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetiteGem View Post
Stop it.

He's not cheating, he never committed to her. If you wanna argue against him sleeping with multiple people (which I'm not going to) in the same time frame, go ahead, but don't use that C word because it does not apply here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships